Watchface: Data Lover

A watch face featuring:
  • a readable time font
  • sun events
  • active statistics (heart rate / steps / stairs)
  • YAHOO! weather & forecasts.
Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b...4-169e581df99c

• I like your watchface. However, I wanted to ask if it is possible to extend the sensors to allow access to the no-flight information. That is a feature of Garmin diving watches like Descent Mk2.

• So the whole weather hindsights and forecasts thing seems to have more glitches or I simply don't understand how the weather aggregating works. I always have Donation Key, Latitude and Longitude set. "Allow lat/lon override by GPS" is enabled. Right Chart is set to "[Hindsight] Weather + Forecast Today". Now I thought that it should always have a location since I've set Latitude and Longitude. Or at least I would've guessed that this is used as a fallback. But it seems that this isn't the case. Now the state of the clouds is shown but the rest isn't. So where is it "cloudy" if it doesn't have a location. Or why does it show that the location is still missing below? It looks like another regular bug, but I guess you can pinpoint that.

• Well your understanding is correct, you should have a location, but when you see this message the internal value stored for latitude has have become null. (Usually this is a sign that the settings file got corrupted - Are you still able to change the stairs climbed data to something else for instance? (Can you try?))

in case you are still able to change other data fields (then honestly I'm not really sure what the reason is that the position location is suddenly null (which device do you have?)) (but) then you should be able to fix it by getting a location by going to run activity wait for green gps and return to the watch face 

in case you are not able to change other data fields then the settings file got corrupted. To fix data corruption you have to uninstall and reinstall the watch face and reenter your settings. 

• As usual: thank you for the fast response.

It might be a stupid question but can you briefly explain how can I change data fields?
    And what's your guess on why the "cloudy" state is available? It even changed to "partly cloudy" now, so it seems that the cloud state is still working.

• The garmin weather provider does not rely on latitude/longitude input, it's fed by the garmin connect mobile app, that's why it'll keep updating, regardless whether the watch face knows or doesn't know your position. 

The internal latitude is however still required for calculation of sun events and having no internal latitude also has a big impact on the battery life of the watch (the internal caching in the watch face is disabled when I don't know the location). 

While the fix would be easy to not show the message when I don't know a position I'm hesitant / resisting to remove it because of the huge impact it has.

You change the data fields (eg field bottom left) in the application settings https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store

• I like your watchface. However, I wanted to ask if it is possible to extend the sensors to allow access to the no-flight information. That is a feature of Garmin diving watches like Descent Mk2.

this info is unfortunately not exposed in the connect iq api

• Thanks for your fast answer. Ok, I unterstand. Maybe sometime later...

• Hey there had the watch face for 2 years and it always works, even after some glitches it’ll go back to normal with a fix on your end I assume. However, for the past week or so my calories in the data field has remained at 0, I just updated it manually from Ciq app and it still reads 0 calories burned. 

Any resolution? 

Thanks 

• I figured as much since you’re usually super on top of stuff. I assume a fix is in the works on their end?