Watchface: Data Lover

A watch face featuring:
  • a readable time font
  • sun events
  • active statistics (heart rate / steps / stairs)
  • YAHOO! weather & forecasts.
Download: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/b...4-169e581df99c

• I assume that together with you.

• What I find strange is the following: Even when my phone is offline, the watch face gives me a white time stamp, showing that it recently updated. This is technically impossible, as bluetooth and internet is off on my phone (and wifi is off on the watch).

So its kins of misleading, as of course all the weather data is from the previous sync (which might be from the evening before as in my particular case).

• Okay, so I updated field bottom left and the watchface isn't updating it. This means the watchface corrupted its configuration at one point?

Also: so in my current configuration two sources are used for the weather hindsight? Cloud information comes from a different source than the temperature? So if clouds were updated right now and temperature was updated two hours ago I could see information from two entirely different times and different providers? Isn't this yet another structural bug with the display of weather?

• Even when my phone is offline, the watch face gives me a white time stamp, showing that it recently updated

I'll look into it

• Okay, so I updated field bottom left and the watchface isn't updating it. This means the watchface corrupted its configuration at one point?

indeed, but it's not something that's easy to pinpoint. we suspect that using a combination of garmin applications (garmin connect iq mobile, garmin connect mobile and garmin express) and sending settings through all these can be a source of corruption.

the fix as mentioned before is to uninstall and reinstall the watch face.

Also: so in my current configuration two sources are used for the weather hindsight? Cloud information comes from a different source than the temperature?

no, all "current weather" properties use your preferred weather source, you will not have a mix of temp from one weather source and the weather condition from another weather source.   

however the forecast weather (forecast today, tomorrow, ...) always comes from the garmin weather source (as this data is not available in the other weather source)

• Nice watchface. How do you set date to show day of the week rather than date and month?

• You can't change the date format. The week number is available to choose as one of the data fields though

• Hi Peter. Can the clock and the right chart be interchanged? I.e. watch comes to the right and chart comes to the left? Otherwise, awesome watch face!! Thanks

• Morning Peter,

I am experiencing an issue where after 12hrs is seems to loose the weather location and asks me to start a run exercise.

This has only started happening in the last month (that I've noticed).

The weather update frequency is set to every hour on CIQ.  Is there something I've set wrong as I don't fancy going for a run every 12hrs Slight smile

Thanks.