App: Peter's Pacer (The App)

This project started off as a way to provide all functionality of Peter's (Race) Pacer to Connect Iq 1.x devices, but due to new exclusive features this project is also becoming an interesting option for the newer Connect IQ 2.x devices. I thought the app had grown enough to have it's very own support thread.

Peter's Pacer (The App) is a watch app that has a unique set of features:
  • All functionality of Peter's (Race) Pacer
  • A customized Lap Screen showing more information than the standard Lap Screen you get during native activity profiles
  • An exclusive adjustable Race Goal Feature
Because Peter's Pacer (The App) is a watch app it's main strength (full control) is also it's main weakness: you can not combine it with other functionality. The functionality that's implemented in the Peter's Pacer (The App) app is all you'll get.

Download link: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/e...c-9bd994080d4c
  • you no longer need to enter it, it's automatically applied

• Thanks for the prompt response, Peter.

I tested the App on Garmin 935 today. It works well, except for the change in the target time. When I press the UP or DOWN keys on the left side of the watch, the application terminates with IQ! message. Is there a solution for this?

• 1/ which settings do you have entered?

2/ connect your watch to a computer and open the file /garmin/apps/logs/ciq_log.yml with a text editor, provide me the contents

• Peter.. Your question prompted me to take another look at the parameters I had entered. This morning, when I tried to enter a value of 2 or 5 secs in the "Adjustable Race Goal" field, I was getting an error message which said "the value can only be 0". So I had left it blank in order for the App to take a default value of 5 secs. 

I think the issue was that I may have entered a "space" in that field, which is supposed to be numeric.

Just tested it again. This time, it did accept the value of 5 in that field and now the UP/DOWN keys are working fine. 

Look forward to using this for the NY Marathon this weekend. 

Thanks a lot for the App as well as your prompt responses. My apologies for having raised a non-issue.

• Thanks for the app.

I wonder: On some race, the distance is decreasing from the start to the finish line. Kilometer 42 is at 200m from the start. How the app can support this scenario ? Should I start the app only at km42 and set a goal to 42km only ? 

Regards.

• I made Reverse Pacer for that purpose, haven't updated it for new devices though

apps.garmin.com/.../31a615de-b7df-408e-bc45-ec401c97721a

• Hi,

Can anyone help please.

I've used this app before on my forerunner 245 and it worked fine. I now have an Epix 2 pro. I'm using the app in miles and as far as I can tell all is configured in miles as are all the settings in the app/watch.

The problem I have is that the watch seems to be auto lapping every 1km. I've turned autolap off so can't figure why it's doing it? Any ideas please?