Temps - Widget to show internal temperature as well as data from a Tempe!

It's in the store waiting for approval, so this link may not work for a day or two, and this is the support thread.
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/17580ca9-816e-4203-a6a5-002eb543c04a

It's only for devices that allow Connect IQ to access the internal temperature history. With the Tempe, it can take a minute or more to get data, so that data is cached, so you can see the last reading while waiting (the default is after 30 minutes, it goes "stale", but can be set between 0 (never go state) to 240 minutes (4 hours). App settings also allows setting colors. The "Temperature Units" in the watch settings is used for C/F.

• The va-hr has an internal temperature sensor. Not well known, but it does. It actually needs that in conjunction with the Baro altimeter on the va-hr.

That's all what I display in the Temperature and Pressure widget you mention! (the data from the internal sensor)

The Tempe will be accurate (based on it's access to the real ambient temperature). The internal temperature however, is impacted by your skin temperature if you're wearing the watch and it's not sitting on a table and adjusted to ambient (give it 30 minutes or so)
  • Hello,

great widget. I have only 2 suggestions:
    1) I think the better way is to inform how many minutes in the past was last tempe reading rather than show exact time of the reading. It would be great if you allow us to choose this in the settings of the widget.
    2) I am missing beter visibility of time in the graph of internal temp. From the graph it is not visible how many hours is shown there. The best way will be to show dots or small lines on the x axis to highlight every past hour just like it is on the original temperature widget. (And even beter show hi and lo temps on y axis or directly in the graph, it is much more confinient. Or at least highlight them in the graph by some dot.)

As internal temp is affected by body, the actual reading from the sensor is not that relevant. But sometimes changes of the temp in last hours can tell a lot. Thats why I think better graph will be great and for me it will mean to stop disabling tempe sensor while not in use and remove original widget. :)

Also, I second to that back button ability from the graph screen.

Anyway thanks for the development!community.garmin.com/.../1230237.jpg
  • And here comes my third suggestion for improvements:
    Vibrate first time tempe is loaded after widget is opened, so i dont need to stare at screen while waiting for the actual temperature. :)
  • #1 and #3 I'll consider, and maybe #2. Generally the graph is 4 hrs, but I could use the "when" of the oldest sample to indicate the time span. (which now the "when" isn't in a standard time format at least on some devices)

Update: Version 0.14 is now in the app store with #1 and #2. In app settings, you can enable the vibration.
  • Is it possible to show wich tempe its connected to? Like the name of it.
  • Sorry, I don't have access to that in Connect IQ.
  • Sorry, I don't have access to that in Connect IQ.

Ok, thanks for the quick answer :)
  • Please add ability to calibrate temps readings... my internal sensor is off by -1,3C and since i always check water temperature while i swim it would be nice have a correct reading... It would be much better having a data field with correct temperature reading, but it isn't the right thread to speaking about...
  • This really would work, as the sensor is impacted by your own skin temp, so having an accurate "ambient" could vary due to other factors. The watch can be 5-10F higher just due to the fact that you're wearing it, for example. When it comes to using the internal sensor when recording, the FW uses exactly what it sees in the .fit..

If you want more accurate ambient temp, you'll want to use a Tempe.
  • I know that, but if I want an accurate reading I just remove from my wrist the watch and I wait about 30-40 minutes... When I swim, body temperature doesn't influence as much temperature reading...so in these 2 cases above, having correct readings is important for me... I don't want always calculate the real temperature by adding +1,3C... It would be much better having correct reading... If you could simply add an offset to your widget, it would be much better!