Temps - Widget to show internal temperature as well as data from a Tempe!

It's in the store waiting for approval, so this link may not work for a day or two, and this is the support thread.
https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/17580ca9-816e-4203-a6a5-002eb543c04a

It's only for devices that allow Connect IQ to access the internal temperature history. With the Tempe, it can take a minute or more to get data, so that data is cached, so you can see the last reading while waiting (the default is after 30 minutes, it goes "stale", but can be set between 0 (never go state) to 240 minutes (4 hours). App settings also allows setting colors. The "Temperature Units" in the watch settings is used for C/F.

• Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    problem solved...

did a test with FR935(Temps WidGet), FR920XT(Cosinuss DataField) and Garmin Tempe sensor

FR935 and Garmin Tempe sensor : Temps WidGet shows no alternating temperature values

Both FR935, FR920XT and Garmin Tempe sensor : Temps Widget and Cosinuss DataField show alternating temperature values

culprit is the Cosinuss DataField :rolleyes:

sorry for the mess...
  • Former Member
    note regarding the Garmin Temperature WidGet...

I would be ashamed having put such a WidGet globally for grabs :)
    Writer never used a Garmin Tempe sensor.

end note...
  • Former Member
    Temps WidGet FR935 FW793beta
    I am loosing the decimals from the last known Garmin Tempe Sensor value when reentering the Temps WidGet.
    It shows .0 until it reconnects with the Garmin Tempe Sensor.

sidenote...
    took everything to the office...now the alternating temperature is gone...have to look at home for the other Garmin Tempe Sensors

update : back home...
    no more alternating values
    must have been a once in a lifetime mishap ;-)
  • Good catch! I reproduced it (with xx.y, the y is always 0 for a saved value). I'll get a fix out soon.

Update: 0.17 fixes this and is in the app store.
  • Former Member
    thank you for finetuning your Temps WidGet

If only Garmin would take this as an example ;-)
  • Help! I go to sensors add new and select tempe. It searches and says no sensors found. I have the fenix6X so it should be compatible 

• Try powering off your watch and turning it back on, or possible doing a reboot, by holding the light button until the atch turns itself off and then back on.

It could also be that the battery in the Tempe needs to be replaced.  I've found you need to do this about once a year.

• I have just started using this widget to display the data from internal watch sensor on my new Forerunner 265. I don't have a Tempe sensor, so it would be better for me if I could display the internal temperature only. Please can you consider providing an option to display only the internal temperature? Thank you for providing a very useful widget. Best wishes. 

• On newer devices, the internal temp will show under "Tempe" even if you don't have that sensor.  For now. you'll see the data that way.

• Thanks for sticking around. The problem on the newer devices I experience is that I have a Tempe but the widget shows internal temps in the Tempe field while waiting for the update. So you basically never know if what’s under Tempe is internal or in fact Tempe value. Really hope it’s fixable it is very confusing right now