Erg IQ

Installation & Configuration

ErgIQ can be installed from the Connect IQ store using the link below. Once installed, a limited set of application settings are available for the user to adjust. These settings as well as the pairing procedure are outlined in the user manual.

Requirements

ErgIQ will connect to a compatible fitness equipment system, the following is currently supported:

• Concept2 Rower/SkiErg with PM5 (Firmware v22.015/156/722 or greater)

Known Issues

This is a BETA and therefore it has some items being worked through. For issues relating to FIT recording, pairing or Garmin Connect, even if they are listed here please report that you have the issue as well. This will help accurately determine the scale of the problem.

• workout metrics are incorrect: distance, calories, stroke count (upgrade PM5 to BETA v22.014 or greater using C2 Utility if your comfortable doing this, otherwise it will be fixed in the next release)
  • Fenix3, FR920XT, and vivoactive HR have issues pairing (see post #4 for temporary workarounds until resolved)
  • vivoactive doesn't save last lap and session data correctly (issue being investigated)
  • Garmin Connect doesn't integrate developer FIT fields using native number mapping for summary, laps, or record fields

Non-Garmin FIT Analysis Sites

ErgIQ takes advantage of the newer defined developer FIT fields. These fields are a new standard that are not currently recognized at all non-Garmin sites. The following sites are known to work but others may work as well, this is not an exhaustive listing:

ErgIQ Reviews or Other Information

• rowingmusings ErgIQ Review - Review
  • Thanks for replying! Got it. Man, I wish garmin were a little more flexible. So, does it calculate "training load" from its data or from ergiq's?

• Hi, I just used the app and it worked perfectly. Althogh, scrolling through the comments above I found that many peaple have speed data saved as minuts/500m. I have speed data saved as m/s. Why, did I set something wrong? I have a FR245 SW 5.0.0. Thanks

• The pace on the watch during the workout is represented in pace/500m. The recorded values are in m/s which is the FIT standard for this value. Connect doesn't provide a way for the developer to specify a way to convert it back so in Connect it will be in m/s.

• Thanks for a great app. I upgraded my PM4 to a PM5 just to use it.

However, on garmin's site, when I look at my data, I see 0 meters for my workout that I just did. Is that normal? All the other data appears correct, and I see 200m in the ConnectIQ information Is that by design?

• UPDATE: I contacted the app developer, who explained to me that the problem is with the Garmin Connect website. Garmin Connect does not import data from Connect IQ apps into the main data fields. It populates the main data fields only with data from native Garmin apps, and stores and displays data from Connect IQ apps separately. That's why I can see the distance rowed under the Connect IQ portion of the activity page, but have to manually update it in the main distance field.

I've got the same problem. All of the other data updates, but not the distance.The data is there because I can see it on the bottom of the page under Connect IQ, but it doesn't get reflected in the "Distance" field at the top of the page. I can manually enter the distance, but it won't update automatically.

• Using a PM 5 on my Concept2 and a Garmin Fenix 6S the AP fails to capture the distance rowed.