Erg IQ

Installation & Configuration

ErgIQ can be installed from the Connect IQ store using the link below. Once installed, a limited set of application settings are available for the user to adjust. These settings as well as the pairing procedure are outlined in the user manual.

Requirements

ErgIQ will connect to a compatible fitness equipment system, the following is currently supported:

• Concept2 Rower/SkiErg with PM5 (Firmware v22.015/156/722 or greater)

Known Issues

This is a BETA and therefore it has some items being worked through. For issues relating to FIT recording, pairing or Garmin Connect, even if they are listed here please report that you have the issue as well. This will help accurately determine the scale of the problem.

• workout metrics are incorrect: distance, calories, stroke count (upgrade PM5 to BETA v22.014 or greater using C2 Utility if your comfortable doing this, otherwise it will be fixed in the next release)
  • Fenix3, FR920XT, and vivoactive HR have issues pairing (see post #4 for temporary workarounds until resolved)
  • vivoactive doesn't save last lap and session data correctly (issue being investigated)
  • Garmin Connect doesn't integrate developer FIT fields using native number mapping for summary, laps, or record fields

Non-Garmin FIT Analysis Sites

ErgIQ takes advantage of the newer defined developer FIT fields. These fields are a new standard that are not currently recognized at all non-Garmin sites. The following sites are known to work but others may work as well, this is not an exhaustive listing:

ErgIQ Reviews or Other Information

• rowingmusings ErgIQ Review - Review
  • Hi,

today I've installed ErqIQ and did two workouts with Concept 2.

First looks not bad (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3449885856): it shows some information in split times and few graphics. But still can't find total distance for this workout and can't understand why split times are divided by 5min. not 500m like on second workout.

Second workout missing information (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3449887867). Is it still possible to grab missing information or not? Also on this workout split times calculated by 500m, not 5 min. like on first one but without any additional information.

And maybe someone can help me to change language on Connect app? Because now Erg IQ are in language that I don't understand :)community.garmin.com/.../1463091.png
  • OK

Firstly thanks for the APP, I'm still trying to come up to speed with what is and isn't working though.

I have a PM5 with firmware 29 (literally updated this week specifically to use this app), have a Garmin TRi HRM and a delta D2.

I can pair the HRM with the PM5 using ANT+ no problems and run up the ErgIQ app and connect that to the PM5 using ANT+ as well.

I've done two short sessions, more to test and get familiar with the functionality before i start a serious injury recovery work programme.

While the data does get uploaded to Connect, it states 'failed' on the watch at the end of a session when attempting to save, have I missed something I should be doing?

The time is recorded correctly, the distance is not, the calories are (have no view on accuracy yet), the stroke count seems wildly off, avg stroke rate is 1 stk min and max 60 stk min both wrong, moving time not recorded, all pace fields are empty as is speed, HR numbers seem about right.

I've read that there's a permissions issue about the connect fields getting populated correctly and assume that's the problem as further down in the connect section all the correct data does appear to be there.

I've also read somewhere else (can't find it now of course) that you can pair your phone to the PM5 to capture the data and pull it into the Garmin 'headline' numbers, is that correct.

If people could give examples of how they're setup to ensure as much data as possible gets into the correct fields I'd be grateful, there's a HUGE amount of stuff to read here going back over 3 years and obviously some of it is now out of date.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work with the app,

• Hi guys, I managed to connect and the display options look fantastic. however, whenever i do an exercise I can’t find a way to save it. do i miss a trivial thing or why is there no saving option before exiting the app? 

• Hi, I've been happily using ErqIQ on my Edge 520 for a while now (things worked perfect, for my needs). I recently upgraded to an Edge 830, but was sad to find out that ErgIQ is not compatible with it. Any plans to add this device?

• I'll see what can be done.

• Posted version 1.4.1 which supports the Edge 830. Give that a try.

• I just installed and did a quick 5 minute test row on my Edge 830. Things look good, I even get a Training Effect. Thanks for getting this together!

Just out of curiosity, was there a technical challenge specific to the Edge 830? I noticed that both the 820 and 530 were compatible previously. 

• Each device has different fonts and screen resolution for most things coming out now. This is especially true of the bike computers. I typically update when someone requests if I haven't gotten around to it. Glad it works.

• I'm curious if this app works with the WaterRower Bluetooth Module, and if so, how to pair the two. 

According to this thread, it is possible: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/app-ideas/191255/rowing-app-for-waterrower

Thanks for the hard work!

• I don't have a water rower or access to one. If the water rower supports ANT-FE-C it should work. You might want to try contacting the users who had success in the thread to give you tips on how to configure the water rower. If you start ErgIQ and the water rower broadcasts it should ask to pair.