App: BC-1000

Support Thread for my App BC-1000:

With the App you can display the weight and body fat measured with a Tanita BC-1000 weight scale on a FR920XT.
A FIT file is generated which can be uploaded to Garmin Connect.

Usage:
After starting the App a weight scale is automatically scanned.
If a scale is found follow the instructions on the screen.
To Exit press the Back button.

To enable transfer of body composition data a user ID between 1 and 254 needs to be set in the App-Settings.

Link: BC-1000

• Has this App become abandonedware?  The App author doesn't seem to be visiting the thread any longer.

• Hi, support for D2 has been added, i have no D2 but it looks good in the simulator.

Please read the App Description carefully.

• Just put the Weight Scale feature back into the devices that support it please Garmin?

Unless you are simply out to cause maximum inconvenience to loyal customers. We are not all developers, and putting JAVA instructions into the held for an app is a bit of a piss take. If you are goign to release an app at least make it functional, intergarety the JAVA for us and save your helpdesk/communities a load of tickets and ceate brand credibility instead of turnign it into a swear word in end user frustration. 

This is not the first time Garmin has behaved in such a thoughtless way, down grading perfectly good functionality (removing the Weight Scales option from the sensor menu's on devices that supported this function for NO rational reason) and forcing users into a poor substitute which is dysfunctional and a risk to personal health data.

This app now raises the risk to privacy by laying down detailed health data as an Activity which sync's with other fitness analysis sites that see it as an activity record when it is in fact a health data record. Ever hear of GDPR Garmin?

• Hi, i think this is not the right place for you feedback to garmin, since this is addressed to me, and i'm not affiliated with garmin in any way. One rational reason for garmin to discontinue support could be that they are selling there own weight scale product.

• Apologies.

Yes I can understand the commercial manipulation to drive their own products. Havign battled wiht the Garmin Index scale for 3 onth's haveing had 2 swapped out, I can confirm it is a disfunctional piece of hardware. So discontinuing support for products that do work is short sighted if they wish to maintain customer loyalty and brand credibility. 

• First off - Thank you for the app. The total lack of support from Tanita is pathetic, but understandable, since it would be a lot of their time for what is likely a small portion of their revenue. Those of us who have the scale certainly value your app.

I have my Activity Level set to 8, but i get a much higher value for body fat than I do on my old 310, which is set to lifetime athlete. It seems that the lifetime athlete setting is not being used for the calculations with this app and my 935. It is something like 15% with this app and 6-8% with my 310. Any thoughts?

Also, I would love to output all my data and then re-upload it into garmin. From reading the thread I know I need the FitCSVTool, but I can't seem to find where to get that, only that it exists. Is that still the preferred method, since it seems that tool is a good 8 years old. And if so, where can I get it, and information about its use.

Thank you,

• Hi,

FIT SDK can be downloaded here

I checked with my watch and setting my activiy level from 7 to 10 reduced my %fat significantly.

You my try with activity level 9

To get the fit data from the watch i have attached 2 tools in poweshell:

1. ciqapplogs.ps1 (helps to create and print the log)

2. weight2fit_new.ps1 (converts the log file into a fit file which can be uploaded to GC)

Copy the jar file from the SDK and open the Powershell App to run the scripts in the same directory.

BR

Josef 4721.weight2fit_new.zip

• Thank you!
    I will dive into that over the next few days.

• Hi I have Fenix 5. How do I move the weight data from Tanita activity in Garmin Connect into  Weight data in the same Garmin Connect?

Is it possible to move Tanita data to Apple Health too?

I don't understand in which environment is the following, may I run them on a MAC?

PS C:HomeGarminFITjava# java -jar FitCSVTool.jar -c EAD5EEC9.TXT BC1000.FIT

FIT CSV Tool - Protocol 2.0 Profile 20,27 Release

EAD5EEC9.TXT encoded into FIT binary file BC1000.FIT.

G.

• Hi, the environment ist Windows Powershell for which i created scripts to create a health fit file, it should be possilbe to do the same with MAC since it uses java, but i have no MAC to test. Please see my previous post, download the scripts and have a look.

If you want it easier use this App.