App: BC-1000

Support Thread for my App BC-1000:

With the App you can display the weight and body fat measured with a Tanita BC-1000 weight scale on a FR920XT.
A FIT file is generated which can be uploaded to Garmin Connect.

Usage:
After starting the App a weight scale is automatically scanned.
If a scale is found follow the instructions on the screen.
To Exit press the Back button.

To enable transfer of body composition data a user ID between 1 and 254 needs to be set in the App-Settings.

Link: BC-1000

• Hi,

I was looking to purchase the new Tanita BC-1500 which has the same ANT+ ability. I'm currently using a Garmin Fenix 5. I was wondering with all the recent updates, if the Garmin Connect app is now taking in all of the correct details? like BMI, hydration, body fat %, etc with this app?

This Garmin support page https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=ErLt8vRmZS3lyssZAWEg46 says that it pulls in 10 items with the listed items. However, it does not list the Garmin Fenix 5.

Just wanted to check the status in 2018 since some of the talk started back in 2016 on this forum.

Thanks!
  • I’d strongly advise you avoid the tanita stuff - even though it measures fine it really doesn’t fit into the Garmin (or any?) infrastructure any more

nof supported on any recent watches only on the edge devices - although edge 520 plus doesn’t work properly with.

look at dcrainmaker and see what he recommends - probably the Garmin index - at the very least get WiFi not ant+

Fwiw I have the bc1000 and it’s a dinosaur connectivity wise.

• thats unfortunate. I really wanted something with the dual censors for more accurate BMI.
  • I just found out the reason why my Fenix don't upload measures as weight but as activity (by reading this discussion thread). This is the reason why I am not using it. But I am surprised that Edge devices should work ok - as I have Edge 1000, how may I make it connect to Tanita? Again with some IQ? Or you meant something different?
  • 4.9kg muscle mass!

Firstly i love the app.

we all know why Garmin has not included weight scale compatibility in their latest devices but thats life I guess!

I have changed the user id to 1, chosen athlete mode rather than auto....

I appear to get pretty accurate results with exception to muscle mass.

I have 4.9kg muscle mass with a weight of 91kg!

anything I can do to help improve accuracy?

Greetings! Did Post #36 get answered? My apologies if it did and I didn't see it as I didn't find the answer here yet. The BC 1000 app is working great with my fenix 3 connecting to my Tanita BC-1000 weight scale--thanks for making this app! The body composition metrics all agree to my Tanita D-1000 remote display and I am able to see them in the Connect IQ section of the activity on Garmin Connect Mobile (iOS on an iPhone X). The only metric that does not agree is muscle mass. My stats are:

Weight 192.8 lbs
    Bone Mass 7.7 lbs
    Body Water 53.0%
    Visceral Fat Rating 8.0 -
    Metabolic Age 33.0 Years
    Muscle Mass 3.8 lbs
    Body Fat 19.1%
    Physique Rating 5.0 -
    Daily Calorie Intake 3174.0 kcal

My muscle mass according to my Tanita D-1000 remote display is about 150-155 lbs. It seems like the muscle mass showing up on the Connect IQ app is:
    (weight + bone mass) x body fat% x 10%.
    (192.8 + 7.7) x 19.1% x 10% = 3.8

Or it may be just a coincidence? Are you experiencing this and if yes, is there a fix planned?
  • Or it may be just a coincidence? Are you experiencing this and if yes, is there a fix planned?

Sorry i can't reproduce this with my devices. The App just transfers the values from the scale and does no processsing (besides kg/lbs conversion) of this data.
    To get more information can you please create the logfile in <Drive>:\GARMIN\APPS\LOGS and set the logging modus in Garmin Express to "Log App Trace" and send me the logfile.

• I've installed this app in my garmin fenix 5x plus.

When I run it, the display shows serching, but never shows my weight.

Garmin say that tanita BC-1000 doesn`t work in my fenix 5x plus.

Any solution?
  • With the latest version 2.1.15 all 9 ConnectIQ datafields are now displayed in Garmin Connect Web Activity.

• Hello, the app works fine with my Fenix 5 plus, but it seems that muscle mass is not working properly. Could you please help me?

• Hi

I'd love to try this out but my Delta D2 isn't supported for some reason.

As it's basically a Fenix 5 Plus with some added bells and whistles any chance you could add it to the supported devices list please.