Hi all, this is my first Garmin app: it's a bodyweight circuit training app.
I built this app mainly to have some complete workout for the days I'm not running. I wanted something more than a timer, but also some suggestion about some of the exercises I could be doing in the circuit.
- show the current exercise, the remaining time, your heart rate and the progress on the training, while also notifying you when an exercise is about to start or it's time to take a break.
- configurable exercise duration
- configurable recovery period between each exercise
- configurable circuit repetitions
- configurable type of notification (sound and/or vibrations or none)
- simple animation showcasing the current exercise (I thought not everybody knows all the exercises names)
The app is still work in progress and at the moment it just presents a single circuit with always the same exercises, but I'm already working to add more variation and different circuit propositions.
Some of the other features I have in my TODO list:
- more exercise types
- end-of-session summary page
- select which part of the body to focus on to generate a dedicated circuit with most of the exercises involving that part
- ad-hoc circuit suggestion based on your last activities (including other sports) (maybe use AI for that?)
- consider the user heart rate zones to display a proper gauge
As you can see in the store page, I put quite a lot of effort to support a large variety of devices (and you know how much of a pain that could be ) but a part from mine and a handful ones I borrowed from friends, I tested the app mainly on the simulator. So every app testing and feedback on a real device would be more than welcome, if with pictures/videos then it would be amazing!
The same regarding the actual app content: if you have any feedback about the type of training, exercises, UI, etc, please feel free to drop me a comment here or in PM, I'm looking forward to any kind of constructive feedback!!