EDGE MapFields

IQ Store Link

Edge Mapfields is meant for use with the mapscreen on your device.
There are 4 fields, which every field can set with many options (see below).
It's created for Edge 1030, 1040, 530 and 830, 540 and 840.

This datafield is free of charge, but if you like it and use it, it would be nice to be invited to a beer: paypal.me/AndreasWirth

After installing the datafield on your device, place a full-width field under the map. In this field you put the EdgeMapsFields.

In the setup you can choose a display for each quadrant from 14 different options:

-Speed
-average Speed
-Cadence
-average Cadence
-Timer
-Distance
-Heartrate
-average Heartrate
-Power 3s
-average Power
-Distance to Destination
-Time to Destination
-total Ascent
-Altitude
-Grade
-Clock
-Edge Battery
-Varia Battery
-GPS Signal
-Gear Shift
-ETA estimated time of arrival
-NP normalized Power - Garmin style
-NP normalized power without zero Watt counting

Both metric and statute format!

Time to Destination is calculated by your average speed. In the beginning - when no average speed is available - Time to Dest. is calculated by 10 km/h ( 6.214 mi/h).

Timer format is mm:ss for time less than one hour, and h:mm for time more than one hour.

Of course you can use this datafield on every screen with a datafield of 1/5 of the screen height and full width.

Note: the pictures below are photoshoped to show all options on one picture.
You can only set one datafield on your device!

Since I only have Edge 1030 devices, I would be very grateful if you could send me screenshots of the other devices, since I can only see them in the simulator.

• Nice app! Would be cool also to have a grade in the list of available fields

• The grade display is not very satisfactory on Edge devices - especially on the 1030 Plus - since the barometer chipset outputs elevation changes very delayed. But I will address it in a later release.
    (It would be nice, if I get a good review on the store if you like my datafield)

Grade is already implemented in my other two data fields:
    forums.garmin.com/.../edge-all-in-one

• I agree that getting a relevant grade is not a trivial task in CIQ, but, usually, applying a simple Kalman filter is quite enough to handle any noice or delay in altitude measurments.

This topic very well describes the steps how to achieve a fair grade calculation:

forums.garmin.com/.../grade-calc---filtered-and-fit

• Went on a bike ride with this today! Loving it so far. One field that I would really like is Live power, not the 3 sec or normalized. Would definatly send you encouragment via paypal to have that missing field.

• Although I don't think there is a significant difference between live and 3sec power, I will see…

• That looks real nice. I was working on something similar but for a half-width datafield to contain 4 values. As I'm by no means a software dev I'm struggling with the layout and stuff, and the configurability of it. Also gradient has me kinda miffed as Garmin doesn't make that available to you, and you have to calculate something.

As your mapfield already looks great, would it be possible for you to cram 4 datafields into a half-width datafield by replacing the icon with data? I'd rather donate to you than struggle along with my own app Slight smile I'll probably get there in the end, but this already looks so nice, that my app wouldn't even hold a candle to this.

• Thank you for your comment.

To be honest - no, I don‘t think I will create a „double density“ datafield. There simply is not enough space for well readable numbers.

• Understandable. On the 1040 I find it just about big enough for me, but on the 5x0 and 8x0 this would be a big issue for sure.
    Have to plod on with my own crap app then :) I'll probably create a non customizable version for myself, as I don't really tend to change the datafields.that often :)

• If you like, you can contact me via „contact developer“ on the datafield store. Then I can answer by email. Maybe I can help you developing your own datafield.

• I might take you up on that if I find the motivation and time to continue the project.