Nap till rested, a power nap app

I would like to have a nap during the day but without falling into deep sleep. There is no way with Garmin to set the alarm to ring depending on the sleep state, that's why I've created the "Nap till rested" app: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/639b8e5f-dfa1-4ecd-b6c7-99e865622264

The app gives me the possibility to set how long (min/max) I would like to rest and a desired stress / body battery levels. Whenever I rest for a least the min-time and my stress level drops to the set target stress level or the body battery climbs to the set level, the watch will notify me. Also whenever the max-time is reached the watch will notify, regardless of the stress/body battery level.

This is also a learning place for me to learn about payment options, so I've implemented payments with kiezelpay.com. I will write about that in a separate post in the developer discussion forum.

Currently the app is only available for the Instinct 2 watch, but I will extend the support to other watched soon.

Other ideas:

• show "statistics" on how much the user calmed down
  • export an activity (or rather passivity) to garmin see https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/app-ideas/320054/nap-app
  • menu option to pay immediately and not only after the trial period - currently the user is requested to pay (after the trial period) just when a nap is started - that would be annoying
  • check not only stress but also the body battery ✓ since v1.7.0
  • check also the HR
  • of course there are a lot of code optimizations possible
  • support more devices

I would love to hear your thoughts

• Hi,

please PM me or contact me via the "contact developer" button on the app page and we can work out something to get you back to trial.

What bug needs to be fixed?

So basically your idea is to change from measuring the stress level to the heart rate? Maybe that would work, or even we could have everything: heart rate, stress, body battery. The user could select under which conditions to get notified.

check stress level => yes/no => if yes set level
    check body battery level => yes/no => if yes set level
    check heart rate => yes/no => if yes set level

If only the heart rate is set then the app (most likely) would be able to create a full-time activity.

BTW: if you like the app, I would be delighted to receive an official review on the app-page

• FYI:
    I've made a mess of my accounts at Garmin I'm using a different account for the forum than for the app-development & connect IQ, that gets annoying. So this account will be deleted/inactivated and I will come back with an other one, see next post

• Here my new account, funny enough that I can call it the same

• Did not work, I cannot access the new forum user, so here an other try.

• This is hopefully now the use to be used long term

• Version 1.7.0 is out!

Starting with that version, not only the stress is monitored but also the body-battey can be monitored.

The alarm is triggered whenever the min-time is up AND stress-level lower or equal than the target  OR body-battery in equal or higher than the target

• I hopelessly searched for such a IQ app (while planning to write something myself after learning the env/APIs), and found this.. This is really promising ..

Though, I wondered if there would be access to the same routines that Garmin decides on the sleep stages.. (based on the statement that a good nap should be over before any "deep" stage sleep). 

• sadly there is no way for an IQ app to access the Garmin sleep stages or interact in any way with the sleep measurements

• During my tests I have identified a mild issue where if your phone is far away, BT off or in flight mode etc when you finsh and press button to save the nap report, the nap report activity gets lost and never syncs into Connect app (even after the BT connection gets restored).

The way to avoid the loss of nap report is to use DND or silent mode if you do not want to be disturbed during the nap

• I have found another bit annoying issue.. 

When the wakeup alarm goes off and you jump to press right top button to silence thr alarm in a hurry (instead of waiting for the alarm to stop ringjng, that makes the nap report not be saved (although the watch app appears to save it). 

WWorkaround is to avoid interrupting the alarm..