App: Hike2

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/116a5b59-29ae-4397-a70e-907d7e5f8e44

The next generation of the Hike app. With additional memory and sensors on the vivoactive HR, all be looking at adding new stuff. Right now, it makes use of the hardware compass and barometric Altimeter!

Like Hike, it's stats up and once it gets GPS, press start to begin the recording. There are then a number of screens you can swipe through to see data, like time-distance, pace-speed, altitude data, lat/lon data, and a chart that shows your hike so far. Pressing the back button while recording marks a waypoint, and pressing start pauses the recording, and gives you the option to resume, save, or discard the recording.

To learn about some of the basic functionaly here, see the thread for the initial version:

http://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?335082-App-Hiking

Please post questions and problems here.
  • Bob - the problem may be finding a place for max HR. I don't want to add a new screen for it, but maybe I can squeeze it in on the cadence or steps page. Getting the data isn't a problem, just where to display it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hi, I wanted to report for bugs with heart rate. I was hiking at Yosemite https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1185896338 and I only get heart rate reading 4 time per hour. However, in Heart rate all day chart thing. it show lot of active http://i.imgur.com/BZqP64F.png.
  • MADTJ. If you're using a va-hr, that's a known problem with the watch firmware and has been reported to Garmin. I've not heard when it may be fixed.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    MADTJ. If you're using a va-hr, that's a known problem with the watch firmware and has been reported to Garmin. I've not heard when it may be fixed.

That's VAHR. Thank you! I guess I had to wait for them to fix it, hopefully within 3 months but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Thanks again!
  • MADTJ. If you're using a va-hr, that's a known problem with the watch firmware and has been reported to Garmin. I've not heard when it may be fixed.

Are you sure about this? I am using Vivoactive HR, and when I use the built-in walking application the heart-rate logging is continuous, but after switching to Hike2 i only get a few measures as MADTJ reported.

Anyway, I see my device just got updated to 2.60 so hopefully it's been fixed now, although I don't see it mentioned in the changelog.
  • ...but after switching to Hike2 i only get a few measures as MADTJ reported.

Anyway, I see my device just got updated to 2.60 so hopefully it's been fixed now, although I don't see it mentioned in the changelog.

It's a problem with ciq-watch apps in general on the va-hr (the HR is fine with native apps like "walk".

This wasn't fixed in the 2.60 FW. I was hoping it was, but it was the first thing I tried with 2.60, and it's not.. :(
  • It's a problem with ciq-watch apps in general on the va-hr (the HR is fine with native apps like "walk".

This wasn't fixed in the 2.60 FW. I was hoping it was, but it was the first thing I tried with 2.60, and it's not.. :(

Ahhhh, thanks for elaborating. Crossing my fingers for the next update then! :D
  • IQ!

I'm sorry if this I should know this, but I am new to Garmin watches. I just got a VA-HR and installed Hike2. However, when I start the app, I just see an image with IQ and a yellow exclamation mark. What does that mean?

Thank you.
  • Iq! means the app crashed. What version of firmware is on your watch?

You might just want to try turning the watch off and then back on (press left button until you get a menu with "power off" as an option, and after it's off, press the same button to turn it on)
  • Iq! means the app crashed. What version of firmware is on your watch?

You might just want to try turning the watch off and then back on (press left button until you get a menu with "power off" as an option, and after it's off, press the same button to turn it on)

Thank you. After turning the watch off and back on and re-pairing, the problem was resolved. I'm guessing it was the on/off that did the trick.