Watchface: Digital for TactixD and Digital for TactixD v2 Beta

This is forum to streamline questions processing, feature requests, bug reporting and general discussion regarding
Digital for TactixD face: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/d4fbcc93-5e5e-4030-8278-2bd8463921db
Digital for TactixD v2 Beta: apps.garmin.com/.../15c35159-bae3-4c12-8539-5305ccd1b933

Idea behind this face is that the best face is the one which is set exactly as i want it.

*** IMPORTANT: Always include your email if you are contacting me using Contact Developer form. Without it i cannot contact you back as form will come with [email protected] as a sender address.

Q&A:

Why there are so many settings available? It is hard to navigate through them:
Sending watchface user defined parameters such as color, font and screen placement through app settings seems to be the only available option at this moment. Amount of settings is a tax for having many objects available. During time i've found out  there are also problems and limitations coming with amount of settings, therefore version 2 is being in development where at least some of the fields configuration will be simplified.

Why are my settings changes not reflected on WatchFace ?
It seems this issue is tied to Garmin CIQ app which is not able handle huge amount of settings properly. When settings are done through Android/iOS Garmin Mobile app all should work as expected.

Will be there Weather details available ?
Yes, weather is in progress and will be included in v2 version. Currently testing various weather providers APIs and fighting with best details visualization on the screen.

Why is my language not supported i see only squares instead of characters ?
During short life time of this face 26 custom fonts have been already requested and implemented. Fonts consume a lot of available resources, therefore characters are limited to the absolute minimum => english characters and numbers only. Languages with 'special' characters such as czech, russian, japanese etc. cannot be supported until more resources will be available to watch faces. Toggle button "Force English Day/Month Name" to force most exposed fields to english has been implemented instead.

Will more features be implemented ?
Yes, i am adding more features based on incoming requests. Priority is usually set by amount of requests.

• You are right, that's DND icon. Thanks for hint! 

• Any chance of getting battery saver then on gesture goes to standard?

• Hello all,

I'd like to ask if anyone has been in contact with Tomas over the last months. The last time I was in touch with him was end of last year via mail, since I reported an issue with sunrise and sunset time. I have been north of the arctic circle during midnight sun time and some calculation error not forseeing this situation caused the watch face to crash. Disabling the fields temporarily solved the issue, but I suggested to at least add some error handling for the calculation and display nothing then, or a hyphen or an "n/a" text.

The last response I got from Tomas was on June 14 but since then, I'm not getting any response. I'm just wondering since the entry in the Connect IQ Store says, that the watch face was last updated in August this year and since the release info also tells about "minor code modifications", I would assume that this release was not due to some perhaps automated process bys Garmin, adding the Enduro 2 watch to to the supported models, due to compatibility with the Fenix 7 line.

So here we go, did anyone of you recently have any contact with Tomas?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Thomas

(edit: had to correct my last contact time with Tomas, since I missed one mail from him)

• Hi Thomas, please accept my apology. i am sporadically here and responding mostly to those who have my social networks contacts only. Unfortunately I have totally different priorities last more than few months and was not able to look into your issue properly. Would you be able to send me via email GPS position on which you experience the issue ? I recall when trying to test your issue i was not able to force crash but i was able to get nonsense times instead.

• Hey Tomas!

Great to hear from you! Thanks for the respons, after reading a statement from you on Facebook, I was wondering if you are in any way affected by the horrible war in Ukraine, since the contact ended so abruptly. So happy to see that you are still there!

For the issue, it's nothing that has much pressure on my side, since it occured during a vacation trip to Norway, but I guess for all other Garmin users living north or south of either polar cycle interested in your watchface, this would be an issue.

So for me the problem started appearing when we've been north of the polar circle travelling to the Lofoten islands and had sun all day, with no sunset or sunrise. I did a time synch there on my watch and then it display the IQ-icon which shows up if an app has an issue. BTW, also the garmin sunset / sunrise widget started showing weird data :-)

You can test this e.g. with Narvik in Norway begin of June:

https://www.google.de/maps/place/68%C2%B026'24.6%22N+17%C2%B024'01.0%22E/@68.440166,17.3980863,17z

After hiding the sunset, sunrise and time to next sun event fields in the watchface, everything worked fine again.

I guess some calculation is going nuts and perhaps just adding some try/catch and putting out something like a hyphen or "n/a" already fixes it :-)

Thanks and take care,

Thomas

• Hello!!! Please add compatibility for new Forerunner 955

• Hi, glad you are ok. I asked earlier about adding epix to supported devices. You didn't resppnd for long time so I was scared you are not ok. So really I'm glad you are here with us. To this day all over internet your watchface is most of the time reviewed as best ever (from looks whisch is spot on and functionality). If you can add new devixes it would be great (but I dond't know how hard it is). But if you can't, have no time or it is hard etc it is still ok. At the end it is only a watch and I'm really glad you are ok what is much more important! ;) 

• Hello Tomas,

I just wanted to make you aware, that there's currently a discussion in the Fenix 7 Series forum about a change in the recent firmware update, that produces problems with IQ apps using GPS and they all need to be adjusted:

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-7-series/314986/don-t-update-10-43-if-you-want-to-use-gps-with-iq-apps/1528248#1528248

I don't know, if this will produce issues in a way that the app crashes or what exactly happens, but since your watch faces also has GPS based functionality, I wanted to make you aware of this.

Best Regards,

Thomas

• Anyone knows the font name used in this watchface? 

I already sent a message to tomulli, but no answer.

Thanks!

• Maybe I’ve missed it but is it possible to change the barometer to inHG? Thank you.