Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Sorry but there aren't plans to add support for the Forerunner 265 - since it has a different display resolution and the existing graphics don't fit it.

• Sorry it isn't possible to add a weather temperature option, since the app has no free memory for adding any extra features.

• Hi Markdotai,

You have created the most powerful watch face ever created, what can we do to keep it alive?...

It would be possible to free up some resources to expand value options, such as recovery time or weekly run kilometres.

I'm not really going to stop using it even if it doesn't update, there is nothing that is better for me, but it would be great to expand some options in the values.

Always thank you for creating it.

Francisco

• Hi i'm new here but your app is amazing!! I created new desingn for my vivoactive 4 but i've a question about hiding filds. I created a seconds line but i want to show only if screen is active where i find this options? 

my desingn:

https://ibb.co/JQycFRG

code:

01ZC2525111WDPO1011X6WV023P122PVd21NVW9dL1VeVXVd01X6Xu03XJ813E813N8136813R813A813R813D811X6Yx0470Vw1X6Vy04I013Va813U811X6U04F013VZ81

I dont know why this forum is so... i cannot upload a phfoto at all

BR

K.

• I dont know why this forum is so... i cannot upload a phfoto at all

Copy/paste

• Hi there. Is the Fenix name available as part of this app to add to a face design ? 

• Hello!

These app and watchface look very promising. The possibility to design and change watchface settings directly on the device is what I've always been looking for.

I can't find mentions about on-device menu settings (AppBase#getSettingsView, if I understand the API docs correctly). If this is not supported, would it be possible to implement import/export functionality using these menus?

The reason of such request is because I use watch as a standalone device without phone and connect it to Garmin Express only few times a year to update firmware, so copy-pasting settings in GCM/GE is not usable for me. I don't mind writing down exported string from designer app to paper and later entering this hundred letters using device's keyboard to watchface settings.

Also would you be so kind to share the source code of M2 on GitHub?

Thanks is advance.

• Hi, whats the profile for this one?
  • Wow, this thing is awesome. I'm glad I endured clicking through chaos that ConnectIQ Store is and found the diamond in the rough. I won't have to learn how to program my own watch face now! Thank you!

Anyway. What I did is basically just remake Big Easy watch face with setup I was using on my Vivoactive4 since I got it. But I was missing a low battery notification icon that would show when the battery is starting to get low, so I added one.

The watch face shows date in a format we use in Czechia, so if anybody wanted to use it, you probably want to change that to your local one. The green bar shows steps, the red one floors. There's also seconds popping up over the bottom bar on gesture.

Profile text 1:

01ZC2525111WDKO1211X6YY03X7IO3NH135IO3SIO3NH13XDIO1UXz14L1R3NF13VVJR1YiXz23VrJR3NF14G1R1X6Wj020Vb222Vb121Vb21X6WV020Vc122Vb221Vc11VeVo14N1Vd3NF13VXJVe1YYVo23VeJVe3NF14R1Vd1X6K0VpNF1VqJ1VxZBNF1ZCH11WrNF1WrVZG1WsF11XdNF1XeE1VdWLNF1WMC1Vf3NF170Vo0X6XuYE171Vo

Profile text 2:

0X6XuYE370Vw0X6WIYE172Vw0X6WIYE3HX6W90JW1H1

Now, the issues I have with M2.

The colon (:) is really low, at least in the big font. Solved that by adding another clock in the background a bit higher with black numbers and white colon, while the front clock have white numbers and black colon (couldn't find "unset" color there). :-) Or is there a way to position individual elements in a field?

The one with no solution is that I'm not really fan of the non-system font, mainly because I find 1 hideous because of the wide bottom serif. But the system font is too small, so I guess I'll have to get used to it.

//edit a week later: oh no, it uses so much battery. When doing literally nothing with the watch except of getting a few notifications and HR monitoring, it uses about 22 % of battery per day (I'm used to about 15), so it doesn't even last me a work week without recharging :-(

• May I request to add Garmin system’s weather data to be displayed in the “value”? Thanks and nice work!