Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Great watch face design! Enjoy the flexibility for customizations. Would you consider adding additional font options? Perhaps those used on the fenix 6? 

• I'll try some fixes over the next few versions to see if I can isolate the problem with location being lost.

The sun times get recalculated if it detects your location has changed - just to make sure it gives an accurate value.

The altitude adjust option in the Garmin settings applies to all your M2 profiles. And it adds an adjustment to the sunrise & sunset times (plus dawn & dusk) based on your altitude Slight smile If the option is off then it assumes you are at sea level. But if you are actually higher up than that, then in theory you can see further around the curvature of the earth, so sunrise will occur earlier, and sunset will be later. It probably won't make any difference going up and down stairs in your house! But maybe if your home is above sea level or you are climbing a mountain then it could make some difference.

• - at some point I'm thinking of doing some alternate versions of M2 with different fonts (there isn't enough space to fit them all in the same version), so I'll add this to the list Slight smile Although I'm not sure if you mean the Fenix 6 fonts used in CIQ or the Fenix 6 fonts used in the default watchface - or even if they are the same? Or which font it is exactly or if it is free to use Slight smile

Each font is quite a big task though - for each watch screen size (4 of them) there are 70 different font files (for all the different sizes and weights)! So 280 in total that need to be created. Just quickly visually checking that number of font files can take some time, even if they all turn out perfect first time (which they won't do!!)

• , thanks for the reply. Yeah I was thinking the default digital font (with the sharper edges) that comes with the Fenix 6 could look really great. And yes I guess most of us don't understand the work that goes into the custom watch faces! But yeah I only use the M2 watch face on my Fenix because of the ability to customise it so that it is as simple as possible (which I like and don't find it to be an option in other watch faces). So seeing as though I stick to the M2 watch face for months now, I thought it could be nice to at least change up the font Slight smile

• Any way to add a calendar event count or even better, the time of the next appointment? I mean, if I have 3 appointments for today, I would like to set up a field with a nice icon and the time of the next appointment coming up displayed next to it.

• - I'm a big fan of changing things, so I'll see what I can do! Slight smile

• - I'll have a think about how to add some kind of calendar event, with a countdown to it, as it would be a nice feature. Could also display the countdown on the rings or bars too.

Individual appointments would also be cool, but that is more involved to retrieve calendar information from the web, and I don't think it would be possible to fit into the remaining memory unfortunately. Maybe for a future watchface Slight smile

• l love the M2

Number below the hours is 24 hour format. 
    Battery fills up and drains. 
    Left upper is intensity minutes/ goal.  
    (I would really love to change this to my weekly total mileage  as an integer from running.)

Right upper is next sun event. 
    Ring is for sun but I’m note sure how that works yet because it is night. 

Wishlist :

moonphase as an icon. 
    weekly mileage run as a data 

larger colon option for large time numbers

really had fun doing this.  This is the best watch face out there!

thank you!

matt

01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc13NB121VZ11WwC03X7C11WwYJ03VaJ11WwVc03AC13OH135B13OH13CC11XLYJ03U411YHXn24U1Vf3WM413Q413Vk417X750WWYR7E89B0VxVwVm01W1W803W3241WMXn03Vo2Vi3OFVi3Vp2Vi1WWYJ04H11

• Correction. My sun ring does not work. Not sure how the rings work in regard to sunset/sunrise but I’ll have to experiment on that. 

Question: I saw one watch face that had S M T W H F and the correct day was highlighted. Would this be done by making 7 different profiles or is there a single profile way?  I like the quick visual reference that that format provides.