Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Good idea on the disabling. I ended up just setting the Hours to Seconds temporarily so i could check it while it ticked through all the numbers 

I did find a strange bug though... might be yours or Garmin's - I wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmin though. They make great hardware... but i'm unimpressed with their software given how expensive these things are  -_-

It's a 2 parter.... may be related as they are both related to sunrise/sunset.

1) I set my location to where I was (settings>Set Position), the sunset time doesn't change.

2) I set the Sunset/Sunrise to be (i think) Midday at the 12oclock position, but when i loaded it to the watch, it switched to Midnight (reversed) - do you experience the same? If not, i'll get screenshots and photos - but i cbf right now.

Profile code:

01Ys2Vd25111WDPO1018860Vx10W381DVVVr5038WCDS6W303838Vt5R0196200008F6UT0R08H6UT0VX01WwWw03Vh713Vi711WwXM03Vf713Vg711WwVo020P122P121P1

The rings are the foundation of a new face - the times are there for testing purposes.The outer ring is to illustrate the rough time relative to daylight... I think this would be fantastic for multi day outdoor expeditions (i might change it to dusk/dawn), as real time isn't as important as hours of light v dark - plus a secondary time for reference to home (or in my case, just friends/fam in other timezones). 

Not a bug,  more just questions:

a) i seem to be able to toggle everything but  the 'gesture'... is there a trick to it? I ended up just turning those elements to always visible while designing.

b) Do you think having certain elements only being drawn 'on gesture' would be good or bad for batt life? I was kinda thinking of putting HR to be 'on gesture', but tbh, i don't  trust the gesture on my watch... it's very hit and miss. I wish they'd give an "on backlight" function - that would be way more useful. 

Will let you know if i come across any more. For funsies, I'm also making another that has bars instead of rings... so uhhh... if you could do that no limit thing for the bars too Smiley

• Sunrise/Sunset -> Date -> Time -> Intensity Minutes / Steps / HR -> Phone connected.

What's the red ring for? I hope it's Battery because that would be baller.

• Hi markdotai,

I just wanted to let you know that since your last update the M2 watch face profiles switched without any issues. Nice job! Unfortunately I had to return my Vivoactive 4 as it caused me too much grief in other areas. I obtained a Venu instead but found that your M2 watch face nor the M2 designer are supporting the Venu. I should have checked before Disappointed. Are there any plans to include the Venu as supported devices?

Cheers,

Fabs

• Hi! Love this app and face. This is how mine came out. The ring is for active calories. 

Profile text: 01Ys2525111WDPO10190100001WwXm0500VzVoVhRE01WwYE036213N213X7211WwWc22JP11XkWc021N11VjW804L0S1WKW803VV111XNW804Q0S1XuW803Vm111WWVe03Ve218DJ0VxSS01W2Vc04R1S1XNVc04I0S1XiVe03Va01

Can't seem to post pic, but maybe someone can help with that?

• Hi,

Amazing app.

I didn't fond the"do not disturb" option for visibility of icon.

Am I missing something?

• Scroll through all options (or backwards) I think it’s close to the end of the list.

• - aha the forums are back Slight smile

The simulator does seem to have a few differences from a real watch - so thanks for pointing them out, and I'll note them down.

• I didn't realise there was a "Set Position" option actually - I'm not sure what it modifies or where it gets used ... It may not be the correct value which is used by M2. (In fact probably isn't as the sunset doesn't change!)
    • I think any problem with sunrise/sunset on the simulator can be explained by the location being incorrect - so weird things could happen ... I'll check some of these things out.

a) For gesture, you would need to be able to toggle Low Power mode on & off (that's what it's called in the simulator) - but that option isn't available for apps, only for watchfaces. Maybe I can add something. But it will work on the real watchface.

b) During the "on gesture" 10 seconds the CIQ watchfaces draw the whole display every one of those seconds. (That's just how CIQ works). The only real saving for "on gesture" elements is if you use it to turn off 1Hz elements like the seconds. Otherwise "on gesture" is just useful for making it look how you want or for switching displayed data on command Slight smile

And I'll look into "no limit" for the bars Slight smile

• - it's actually displayed as "DND" (on/off) - but now you've pointed this out I may change it in the next version as there's no reason to use the abbreviation for this anymore!

• - sorry to hear about the Vivo 4 (but thanks for the update on M2 profiles!) 

The Venu is on my "to do" list, but it's a big task due to the increased resolution of the display, as I will need to produce a whole new set of fonts and a whole new set of ring/seconds graphics unfortunately. So I can't say when I'll get time to do this ...