Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Nice spreadsheet!  Thanks again.

This reminds me of coding spreadsheets to drive design controls in CAD. I'm sure the overhead to implement a spread sheet import process would be counter-productive, but designing in a spreadsheet would be cool. Hell, the spreadsheet could generate the code and email it to you, so you could copy and paste.... Ok, I've gone overboard...

• Hi!

When phone is connected, it doesn’t show an icon on watch. On lphone settings I see that watch is connected. Only when Garmin Connect app is running in backround then the icon is visible.

Couple days ago was all fine. What could be changed? I see different logo when I open Connect app...

01Ys2525Vz21W39O1041WwWO020Vh121Vg11WwVk035CO3NC13X7BO3NB13EFO1WwXu0WrVZBVd3NB13VaB13UA13NA1XOO1RWJWwYV0WMC151WwJ03VtF13NC13XyF1

• Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago

HI Mark,

Is it possible for you to gather HR zone information? I'm thinking about some kind of minimalistic HR info in the watchface that is just the heart icon that changes its color depending on the HR zones (in fact that would be 5 icons with visibility set to their respective HR zone).

Thanks

Daniel

• @Elar - hmm there was a new version of GCM released on iOS 3 days ago … I'll ask in the development forum if anyone else has heard of problems. You might want to try restarting your phone and/or your watch to see if that changes anything.

Garmin Connect is constantly working to improve your experience and help you beat yesterday. This version includes bug fixes to improve device functionality.

• Former Member Yep that should be quick for me to add Slight smile I'll try and do that for the next version (with 5 visibility flags like you say). So could change the color of anything, or change icon, or change icon size etc!

• If I have done this right here is my contribution for a watch face.  Move Bar, Day/Date, Time 24 hr, Steps total, Distance Total (mi), Battery %, Seconds Ring Circular Wide 2 w/refresh

01Ys5225Vw25WDPO3211WwY305011111109dV102001W6WS02JVW11WwWS121VW11WYXf23X7D11WwXf036D11XpXf03XDD11WwVa03VaD13UE11X5W323VVD14L111XpW203VrD13XwD1b40B0Vx500

• I have a Vivoactive 3 and it was definitely a learning curve trying to understand how the M2 Designer worked with a watch that has a touch screen. Once I figured out that it would work fine with the "Side Swipe" then I was able to wrap my brain around the menu navigation. First of all, thank you for making this app, I am now able to make a minimalist watch face of my liking that has the potential for customization options that is not available from other watch faces. I wear my watch on my left wrist so I like having the time being on the right side of the watch face so it will peak out of my jacket and the seconds will show on gesture. Thanks again ! Here is my profile setting code: 01Ys2T25111WZKO100HYgWp0JW1F11YOXI031I11YOWF032IVa

• Thanks to everyone who is posting their designs - I still love seeing what different people create Slight smile I would reply to every post, but it would get a bit boring as I would just keep saying how much I liked each one! (So trying to restrict myself to upvotes).

- I updated the Excel menu layout slightly to put the rects/rings/seconds on parity with the "fields" (as they are really) and it creates space to make it cleaner. It's linked in this post at the top: forums.garmin.com/.../1004404

• Cool concept by the way Slight smile Good point with the "side swiping" I'll update my pic of M2 Designer so it can hopefully help others. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the way the designer works on touchscreens let me know - I still have no real idea what it's like as I can only test in the simulator ...