Data Field: STEPS EMTB Data

This is the support thread for the "STEPS EMTB Data" data field, found here on the app store: apps.garmin.com/.../461743f9-b350-486f-bd87-613c7b0bab90

It's a simple data field that connects via Bluetooth LE to your Shimano STEPS e-bike and displays useful information like battery percentage and assist mode.

Any problems or feedback, let me know!

• Really works! Great work to the developer.

Any chance we can get range? That is the most useful of all the indicators

• Thank you for the field!

I'm using a Forerunner 55, so no Orbea RS for me despite the watch mets the minimal api requirements, so this data field is the best option. I was able to read the battery level on the bike even on the "Add field" screen.

Then I connected the shimano app and set a passkey and then I'm no longer able to get the battery level. I don't know if this is because the passkey is set or because I did something wrong elsewere.

This is my first experience with an ebike.

• Hi - to be honest I'm not sure either! But it does sound like setting a passkey could be preventing the bluetooth from connecting. I've never tried setting a passkey on my bike. So you could try removing that passkey (if there is a way).

Alternatively it could be because two apps are trying to connect to your e-bike at the same time, and it may only allow one connection at a time. E.g. I don't think you can connect both a Garmin Edge and a watch at the same time.

So a couple of suggestions you can try - hopefully you find a solution Slight smile

• Not using other devices, at this point I'm using the Forerunner 55 and a garming etrex about 7 years old, but I love the fact of it works with AA bateries, so they are very easy to replace. My previous unit was a Vista Cx from 2007 if i'm not wrong.

Not having a passkey implies that anyone can connect to the E-tube app to your bike.