WatchFace: LCARS III

Digital watch face for Star Trek fans. It is compatible with SDK 1.1.4 but some functions need SDK 1.2.1
Colors can be configured via Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express
Compatible Devices: ForeAthlete 235J, Forerunner® 230, Forerunner® 235, Forerunner® 630

• Any chance you'll adapt this for the F3 line?
  • Any chance you'll adapt this for the F3 line?

I think about it.. :)
  • Digital watch face for Star Trek fans. It is compatible with SDK 1.1.4 but some functions need SDK 1.2.1
    Colors can be configured via Garmin Connect Mobile or Garmin Express
    Compatible Devices: ForeAthlete 235J, Forerunner® 230, Forerunner® 235, Forerunner® 630

I cannot change colors via Garmin Connect Mobile (FR630)
  • I cannot change colors via Garmin Connect Mobile (FR630)

And which FW version do you have? You need firmware with SDK 1.2.1 support but it isn't public yet. If you are not garmin employee or developer so you probably have FW 2.10 with SDK 1.1.4
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    I think about it.. :)

Another vote for the F3 ;)
  • Inactivity monitor??

Can you tell me how the inactivity monitor works?
    I see no rhyme or reason to how it works. Is it a short time period or the entire day? Sometimes it's full at the beginning of the day, sometimes at the end after a day of 15,000 steps. Other times it's empty at the end of the day. I can't deduce what the algorithm is.

Thanks!
  • Application stops running when changing colors

If the watchface is installed with the default settings on the FR630, it seems to work fine, but once I change the background colors/logo color etc, the colors change, but if I slide into the notifications window and back to the clock, LCARS is gone and its back to the default FR630 watchface. I have to uninstall/reinstall to get lcars back. Please fix the user settings, I like the watchface but the default all gold color is not very appealing.
  • I think about it.. :)

The watch face is awesome!!!
    Please adapt it for fenix 3!
  • Can you tell me how the inactivity monitor works?
    I see no rhyme or reason to how it works. Is it a short time period or the entire day? Sometimes it's full at the beginning of the day, sometimes at the end after a day of 15,000 steps. Other times it's empty at the end of the day. I can't deduce what the algorithm is.

Thanks!

The inactivity monitor activate a little "alarm" to tell you that you need to move every hour. The bars are fulfilled when you moved enough, after an hour of inactivity, the first bar is turn off, and you have some minutes (i don't know how many) to move enough until all the bars turn off. Once you move enough (walk around 2 minutes), all the bars are turned on again.
  • How the move bar comes and goes...

The "move bar" had 5 levels and are often shown as 1 big segment and 4 smaller ones.

The big one comes on after an hour where you haven't walked enough (you could have walked, but not enough). The next 4 are for each additional 15 minutes. So you get all 5 after 2 hrs.

To clear the move bar, it requires steps, without stopping. If you only hit the 1hr, it takes about 100 steps, and then 25 more for each additional level, so with all 5 levels, it takes about 200 steps.