Watchface: M1

Support thread for the M1 series of digital watch faces (see M1 Lite and M1+). High-quality minimalist design, with a seconds indicator moving around the outside of a clean stylish display.

I'll post some tips and suggestions on changing the settings below, as there are a lot of options. Plus if there are any questions or problems feel free to post them and I'll try to answer!

M1 Lite is recommended for learning the settings initially - it has up to 3 data fields which you can customise.

M1 has the same options as M1 Lite, but allows up to 8 data fields. It also has profiles for saving different custom styles - and these can be activated automatically at specified times. But setting up the fields for M1 is more complicated! Whereas the settings for M1 Lite show you the options for all 3 fields at once, with M1 the settings only show and allow you to change one field at a time (and the watch just remembers the other 7 fields).

M1+ has more field data options than M1 but colors must be entered as RRGGBB or number (use the link in settings or see post below for a list). Extra field data options include: sun events, 2nd time zone, heart rate, calories, intensity minutes, distance, pressure & altitude. Profiles are compatible between M1 & M1+ so you can export and import between the two.

Known Issues

• Thanks a lot for your detailed reply !!

I like a Polar Vantage watchface because the ring is more readable thanks to a bigger ring :-)

To answer your questions:

1/ yes M1+ is my current watch face when I configure it and try to retrieve

2/ When I reopen the settings page, the "Field Management" setting and fields are unchanged ("Retrieve"). I tried again with a close of the CIQ application and a re-open => same result

3/ if I set a different background color value ("10") AND I set Field Management to Retrieve (then save the settings), then the background color doesn't change on my watch. And when I reopen the settings the background color value displayed is already "10" and not the normal color (0).

4/ When I save the settings, a confirmation message appears briefly at the bottom in a grey bar "successfully saved".

5/ if I use Garmin Connect Mbile : same result => the background color does'nt change but the "Field Management" setting and fields are unchanged ("Retrieve"). No crash

6/ (a) the 3 export/import string settings (at the bottom) are all blank

(b) GREAT ! IT WORKS !!!!!! Before reopening the settings page, I switch  from M1+ to a widget and back again on my watch. When  a repoen the settings page, the "Field Management" is "ON" and the fileds values are updated according to the field number set !!!

(c) not tried because (b) works

Seems to be a refresh problem on the watch perhaps

Thanks a lot !

Guillaume

• Thanks for doing those tests, and I'm glad it is working (for now at least!)

It seems like it was a problem sending changed settings values back from the watch to the phone app (for some reason …) If you experience this a lot or discover a way to reproduce it then I'd be interested in knowing, so I could try and work out what is going wrong.

And it is nice to hear that GCM didn't crash with the F5X - that is some good news anyway Slight smile (Although if the settings from GCM were not being received by the watch, then the crash couldn't occur … hmmm … Maybe it could have been a problem receiving settings on the watch rather than sending them back to the phone …)

• Hello

I already have a way to reproduce it : if I don't switch from the M1+ to a widget and back again on M1+ before reopening the settings page, it always does'nt work.

Thanks

Guillaume

• Ok thanks for that info Slight smile Although it's not good really!

It would be very useful if you could still try the option (c) from above if you get time and see if that makes any difference: (c) try setting the main time hours & minutes fonts to use a system font instead of the custom one temporarily. It won't look so nice, but you could then try doing a retrieve again and see if it makes any difference with more free memory available

I wonder what is different about the F5X. I wish I had a F5X myself to be able to test it. It would be useful if anyone else using M1+ with a F5X could say whether the same issue happens for them too.

• OK no problem. I tried the (c) but the probem already occurs.

Guillaume

• Awesome, thanks for testing that! Very useful information - it seems to rule out memory being the problem (as using the system font will save a lot of memory), so it sounds like a problem specific to the Fenix 5X again and how settings are working on it. So something in the CIQ SDK code which I can't fix (if anyone from Garmin reads this!)

• I love this watch face, thank you for this excellent work.

I noticed one thing I can' figure out. When I set phone headset icon and choose visibility: visible if phone connected, the icon stays always on, even if I disconnect Bluetooth or even turn off my phone. I'm not sure what am I doing wrong, all other functions work perfectly. I have Garmin vivoactive 3. Is it possible that this function just doesn' t work on my watch?

Thank you

• Aha well spotted, and sorry for the problem! I saw a post of a recently reported bug in the latest firmware for the Vivoactive 3 which was causing the phone connection status to be reported incorrectly. In fact here are the links to the original discussion and the bug report if you are interested:

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/discussion/192968/getdevicesettings-phoneconnected-no-longer-works-after-the-last-firmware-update-of-the-watch/940638#940638

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/i/bug-reports/vivoactive-3-phoneconnected-always-true

So it used to work for the VA3, but unfortunately now this will need Garmin to fix the problem on their side, probably in the next firmware release for the VA3. If you vote up that bug report then it may help it get fixed sooner Slight smile

• Thank you for your quick answer. I restarted the watch as suggested in the discussion, it's working ok at the moment. We'll see for how long..  I will definitely vote up bug report and hope to be fixed permanently.

Again, thanks a lotSlight smile

• I love your M1+. Thanks a lot!

How can I solve the problem that a field should not be displayed when the watch is in gesture mode?

I would like to see more information e.g. steps/goal in gesture mode and only the steps in main view.

Thanks, Joe.