Problems with vscode extension and sdkmanager on linux

Hello,

I just downloaded the sdkmanager and the vscode extension.

Vscode couldn't find the extension, so i downloaded it from the website and installed it manually. Then, i restarded vscode, but when in press cntrl+shift+p and type "verify extension", i cant find anything from monkeyc.

Sdkmanager started and installed without any bigger problems, but also here, its not possible, to type any command like monkeydo, because the command can't be found.

Did somebody experienced anything similar on linux and can help me fixing this?

• Could I suggest that you think about transitioning to Mac or Windows?

• If there is no other way, I will maybe use a VM, but it's not the option, I prefer

• As a matter if interest, and from someone who spent his last 30 years as an IT consultant working on commercial Unix client sites deploying and customising  RDBMS applications, I wonder if you could explain why you are using a Unix box to develop Garmin watch apps? 

We all hate and loathe the Mac and M$ environments for their complexity and obscurity, but acknowledge their suitability for desktop applications.

and P.S.The underlying unix of a Mac provides the best of both worlds for me. When things get tough, I pop open a terminal session and fix stuff.

• Iam only using Linux on my private devices for about 7 years and Iam just more comfortable using Linux.

If it's required, I can use windows, but it's not an os, I really like, mostly because of its restrictions. Just for developing garming watch apps, it should be fine.

• Not all flavors of Linux are supported for CIQ.  What distro are you using?

• Iam using arch linux.

Do you know, which distros are supported?

• Yes, but why are you still using Linux?

• The only one I recall is ubuntu LTS but I forget the specific version.

• why are you still using Linux?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but ppl who use desktop Linux on a daily basis for personal use — to the exclusion of mainstream commercial OSs — usually do so for political or philosophical reasons. I think everyone knows that Windows and Mac are better for practical purposes.

Then again if you’re setting up a server, linux is obviously a better choice.

If it's required, I can use windows, but it's not an os, I really like, mostly because of its restrictions
    I wonder if you could explain why you are using a Unix box to develop Garmin watch apps? 
    underlying unix of a Mac

Sorry to be a pedantic nerd, but macOS is not exactly unix (regardless of the official certification). Linux is not unix either. macOS and Linux are not exactly 100% cross compatible either (you’ll see this if you try cross-development on both platforms, or if you develop on Mac and use a CI/CD service that provides a Linux container.)

I mean Windows now contains WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), but I’m not about to say that Windows is Unix either, even though I can open a bash terminal in Windows and do all kinds of linux-y things (which is actually great for devs).

I’ve used various flavors of Linux, macOS and “real Unix” (e.g. Solaris) and I’ve seen the differences.

I know what you meant tho

• The only official word I could find was:

[https://developer.garmin.com/connect-iq/connect-iq-basics/getting-started/]

[linuxsupport]: Connect IQ only supports Ubuntu Linux distributions