This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Connect website Reviews includes ratings with no text - Useless Noise IMO

The latest update to dashboard (and Connect IQ Store) Reviews section now includes ratings that contain no review text.

Does anyone find this useful?  It creates a bunch of noise that hides actual reviews.  For me, this is a HUGE mistake.

• it should be easy to find an example of somebody else doing this (If it was wide-spread).

They should just prevent it and write a script to remove them all

• So, you can’t substantiate your claim. 

• I'm not making deeper. 

Don’t be silly. 

• Look up the definition of "assume".  I don't think it has anything to do with claiming anything.

• If you have nothing constructive to add to the issue at hand, please move on.

• Who cares if no one is doing it?

Assuming something is going on is an absurd justification for doing something unethical. 

• If you have nothing constructive to add to the issue at hand, please move on.

No.

• No.

Someone is exposing an ethics flaw in themselves then.

I'm turning off notifications because you're ruining a thread for a Store flaw with your hypocritical ethics standards.

• Someone is exposing an ethics flaw in themselves then.

I'm turning off notifications because you're ruining a thread for a Store flaw with your hypocritical ethics standards.

This doesn't make any sense. Pointing out unethical behavior is unethical??? 

• I'm going to look into this. We have always allowed users to review apps without leaving comments, so that hasn't changed, but apparently the display of those reviews has changed with some of the recent store updates.

Regarding the removal of one-star reviews: we don't typically remove any reviews unless someone leaves a review about an app regarding an issue that the developer cannot control (e.g. the problem is a device issue or not related to Connect IQ) and the developer flags the review with an explanation why the review is not appropriate for their app the review violates our terms of service.

I'll also just leave this here, from our app review guidelines:

c. No Review or Rating Manipulation

You must not perform or encourage any action that creates deceptive reviews or manipulates your app’s rating.

Specifically, you must not:

• Disguise yourself as a user to publish positive reviews of your app or negative reviews of another developer’s app;
    • Pay for positive reviews, including by offering users discounts on your products in exchange for a positive review or rating – even if you disclose your material connection to the reviewer; and
    • Submit a rating for your own app.

Violating our guidelines and/or terms of service can lead to your app(s) being removed from the store and your developer account being banned.