Serious iisue with new Store Website

Hi,

There is a serious issue with the new Store Website which truncates the Description to only a few lines (with ...) and there is no obvious way to expand the Text.

This means any information later in the Text can not be seen.

Please can you resolve? I've also sent an email to the Connect IQ Team to flag.

Thanks
Chris
  • I cannot write any review from my account in any OS with different browsers (IE 11, Edge, Chrome, Safari). No ABP or other blocking plugins running.
  • It sounds like all of these issues are related, and while we can't reproduce them on our network, they can be reproduced outside Garmin. The store team suspects there may be some caching issues, so they'll be investigating further.
  • I am seeing the whole app text description .. but I cannot respond to reviews. It goes to the same page. I am running Windows 10 and have tried Chrome and Firefox with the same results.
  • We believe we have resolved all of the issues mentioned in this thread. Please check to see whether you can submit reviews, etc., and post back if you're still encountering issues.
  • Just verified the reply to review and it is still not working.

I also noted that the site is always redirecting to the en-US version (not sure if this is by design until you finish the migration to the new layout).

I wiped out my browser cache before the test. Using Chrome version 51.0.2704.106 m tested in Windows 7 and 10.

Cheers,

Robinson
  • Just tested again and it is working fine.

Probably it took some time to the CDN repository cache to be updated or to propagate the change to all servers.

Cheers,

Robinson
  • I tried the 'Reply to Review' at first it did not work. Then cleared my cache .. and it worked. I am using Firefox.
  • I still see the whole Description which is perfect until the 'More' button issue is resolved.

The ability to add comments to Reviews is brilliant, as we all know some negative feedback is a misunderstanding, not a bug. So you can add comments to support this.
  • My concern is that the average user out there would not able to post reviews.
    I am referring to non-developers.

How would they know they have to clear the browser cache to get this working?

I have seen a remarkable decrease in reviews for my apps over the last few days, and it potentially can be attributed to this caching issue.

Would cached items auto expire at some time, or never?
    Just wondering what the long lasting impact of this issue is.
  • I'm still not seeing the full description in chrome on my laptop or through GCM. I just see it truncated with ...

Is there something I should be doing so that I can see the full description?