【VSCODE extension】Failed to launch the app: Timeout

I am using the latest Garmin monkeyc vscode extension. But recently I find it cannot build my project. The prompt is just like above. Is there anyone encountering the similar problem? SDK manager is the latest as well.

• This was happening to me. I saw that new files was copied to  %TEMP%\GARMIN\APPS folder but the name was truncated. I changed the workspace folder name to remove the space it had and it started working (worskspace folder is sued to name the prg file).

TL;DR: check if your workspace folder name has a space and remove it.

• I was having the same issue and noticed that a new files was always created in that folder but the name was truncated. The solution for me was to change the workspace folder name and remove the space it had. It seems that when the file is copied to the TEMP folder they are not checking for spaces or using "" around the file name.

TL;DR: check if your workspace folder has a space in the name and remove it.

• upgraded sdk to 4.1.1 and failed to connect: is back, and previous fixes wont work anymore. anyone?

• Same issue:

the simulator is running, but the  app not run,

Environment:

Visual Studio Code v1.71.2
    Windows 11
    Monkey C plugin v1.0.5
    Java SDK v11.0.16.1
    Connect IQ SDK 4.1.5

app type: watch face

app full filepath: C:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\GARMIN\APPS

source bin full filepath: D:\Workspace\Garmin\ftest3\bin

• Try deleting the folder C:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\GARMIN . Note that at some point in the recent past we renamed the GARMIN folder to com.garmin.connectiq, so you might look and see if you have C:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\com.garmin.connectiq and delete that one as well.

It is possible that there is some difference between Java 8 that we are using internally and the Java 11 that you are using. Have you successfully used Java 11 before?

• Thankey you for reply! but the issue still exists

Now I delete the folder "C:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\GARMIN" and  "C:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\com.garmin.connectiq"

change the JAVA SDK version to 1.8.0 341

I have  successfully used Java 8 before.

for this issue,I  try to use Java 8、Java 11、Java 17,

now app full path: "C:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\com.garmin.connectiq\GARMIN\APPS"

the simulator is running, but the  app not run,

Executing task in folder Xtest1: D:\Development\Java\jdk1.8.0_341\bin\java.exe 
      -Xms1g -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dapple.awt.UIElement=true 
      -jar c:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\ConnectIQ\Sdks\
      connectiq-sdk-win-4.1.5-2022-08-03-6e17bf167\bin\monkeybrains.jar 
      -o bin\Xtest1.prg -f d:\Workspace\Garmin\Xtest1\monkey.jungle 
      -y d:\Workspace\Garmin\garmin_developer_key -d fenix6pro_sim -w 

• Is this something that you can reproduce with any app, or is it an issue with just this one app?

Have you tried running the shown command at the command line? Does that show any errors?

• all apps have this problem,create new project, SDK samples,and my project create before

I try running the shown command at the command line, no errors.

d:\Workspace\Garmin\Xtest1>D:\Development\Java\jdk1.8.0_341\bin\java.exe 
    -Xms1g -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dapple.awt.UIElement=true 
    -jar c:\Users\xiaoc\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\ConnectIQ\Sdks\connectiq-sdk-win-4.1.5
    -2022-08-03-6e17bf167\bin\monkeybrains.jar 
    -o bin\Xtest1.prg -f d:\Workspace\Garmin\Xtest1\monkey.jungle 
    -y d:\Workspace\Garmin\garmin_developer_key -d fenix6pro_sim -w

WARNING: The launcher icon (30x30) isn't compatible with the specified launcher 
    icon size of the device 'fenix6pro' (40x40). Image will be scaled to the target
    size.

d:\Workspace\Garmin\Xtest1>

• Every app. I have to restart vscode temporarily.