Connect IQ iOS Mobile SDK 1.4 beta 1

We have published a new iOS Mobile SDK beta, used to build mobile companion apps for Connect IQ apps on iOS, with the following changes:

• Package the library as an XCFramework
  • Removed stripSimulatorSlice.sh script
  • Enabled bitcode in framework

This SDK can be downloaded from https://developer.garmin.com/downloads/connect-iq/sdks/ConnectIQ_iOS_SDK_1_4_beta1.zip. If you use this SDK and encounter any issues please reply back to this thread with the details.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Some initial feedback:

•  The SDK does not support iOS scenes. If you are creating a new application with XCode 11, the default is for the application to use scenes. If scenes were present in the application, the following error would occur

2020-02-14 21:23:00.339797-0600 GarminTester[1285:166168] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "gcm-ciq://device-select-req?ciqApp=GarminTester&ciqBundle=com.example.GarminTester&ciqScheme=garmintester&ciqSdkVersion=10000" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

2020-02-14 21:23:00.350603-0600 GarminTester[1285:166168] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSObjectNotAvailableException', reason: 'UIAlertView is deprecated and unavailable for UIScene based applications, please use UIAlertController!'

I was able to remove the scene code from my project to get the SDK to work.

• Update the SDK documentation to have setting CFBundleDisplayName as a separate bullet point under Configuring a project to use the Mobile SDK
    • Consider changing the code examples in the SDK documentation and example project to Swift. 

Again, thank you for updating the iOS Mobile SDK! 

• Some initial feedback:

•  The SDK does not support iOS scenes. If you are creating a new application with XCode 11, the default is for the application to use scenes. If scenes were present in the application, the following error would occur

2020-02-14 21:23:00.339797-0600 GarminTester[1285:166168] -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "gcm-ciq://device-select-req?ciqApp=GarminTester&ciqBundle=com.example.GarminTester&ciqScheme=garmintester&ciqSdkVersion=10000" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

2020-02-14 21:23:00.350603-0600 GarminTester[1285:166168] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSObjectNotAvailableException', reason: 'UIAlertView is deprecated and unavailable for UIScene based applications, please use UIAlertController!'

I was able to remove the scene code from my project to get the SDK to work.

• Update the SDK documentation to have setting CFBundleDisplayName as a separate bullet point under Configuring a project to use the Mobile SDK
    • Consider changing the code examples in the SDK documentation and example project to Swift. 

Again, thank you for updating the iOS Mobile SDK! 

Children