Vasa Ergometer (with ANT+ Head Unit) IQ App - willing to pay for development

I am looking for a Garmin IQ Developer who would be willing to build a native IQ App for Vasa's Swim Ergometers that have the ANT+ head unit. You can create a custom workout profile on watches and bike computers (I have tested the Edge 520, 830, 1030 and 1030 plus, Fenix 5X, Fenix 6, Marq Athlete and all work using the instructions linked below), but the workout is always profiled as an indoor bike workout and has to be manually changed to Swim. (The data is "re-analyzed" and shows up as an equivalent swim workout that just happens to have a power profile.)

From this page (https://vasatrainer.com/faqs/power-meters-ant/): 
"Your Garmin will think the SwimErg is a “bike” as our technology interfaces using ANT+ Bike Power Profile.  Therefore it’s essential to set the proper wheel circumference.  Here are the steps to manually enter your wheel size on a Garmin 920XT:

1. Press Shortcut (three dots on bottom left)
    2. Press ENTER to unlock screen
    3. Press Shortcut
    4. Select Settings
    5. Select Sensors and Accessories
    6. Select “Add” and choose “PWR” 
    7. Once it pairs (note: you may need to turn Vasa ANT+ on & move the flywheel by pulling the cord for it to pair), then scroll down to “Wheel Size” to set.
    8. Select Manual
    9. Enter 100mm as the size

NOTE: If you have different Garmin device, the steps may be similar.  Contact Garmin Support for specifics on your model."

I am looking for an app that will "simply" classify this workout as a swim workout automagically, so that I don't have to go through and manually adjust Garmin Connect (and thus TrainingPeaks and/or Strava).

If there are any developers willing to do this, please respond to this thread and we can talk offline.

• your "ask" is actually simple and possibly trivial to implement. But the underlying request _may_ be an issue depending on your usage methods.

ou can create a custom workout profile on watches and bike computers

This sentence throws caution because you said "custom workouts". This is likely gonna be like Stryd power Pods which is for RUNning (using bike power). To illustrate, 

1) can execute custom workouts but ONLY when saving it/marking it as a Bike workout. This way, you can control or have the "next workout steps" show up on the watch. Things like "remaining lap time", "Power Target" will be available.

2) if you build a custom workout using Stryd as a RUN workout, you will not be able to set Power Targets, or show "next workout steps" as the Power Targets will only be available as an option for custom workouts created using the bike profile.

Hence, if you - JUST want to classify the workout as Swim - doable. (meaning, just collect the power data, or track your own power targets _in_your_head_ for the _x_amount_of_time_)

If you want to classify it as swim _and_ create custom workouts (in Garmin connect) that has Power, I think you're out of luck. 

Alternatively, if you're willing to forgo creating the custom workouts using GC, but is OK with creating those workouts using the CIQ App then yeah, that's doable. (but not trivial)

• Nkeow, thanks for the response!

So, right now, I am not worried about doing a "structured workout," as you explained it. (Similar to how I can take a TrainingPeaks workout and "do" it with my Garmin head unit.) I am looking to: "JUST want to classify the workout as Swim... (meaning, just collect the power data, or track your own power targets _in_your_head_ for the _x_amount_of_time_)"

Long-term, if this proves to be useful, I would like to look into creating a CIQ App (rather, paying for someone to do it) that could "do" structured workouts, but right now I *just* want to collect the data from a workout and save it classified as a swim.

Are you interested or just getting me to clarify what I'm looking for?

• what wearable do you have? 

• Marq Athlete, Forerunner 945, Fenix 6. I mostly wear the Marq and 6. 

• got it. Quite a collection. Opon further thinking - I wonder if one can actually get native power numbers reported under swim mode recording as a device app. (As opposed to data fields)

more thinking needed after I’m done w my current project

• Yeah - I'm a gadget nerd. Reach out to me whenever and if you're ready to pursue this.

• I second my interest in this ...

However would add... the ability to use "swim" functions such as interval time/rest time   ie using the lap timer to start/pause for time/distance intervals as if with the swim function    In  "bike mode it starts next "lap". I know this is due to how the swim distance is calculated for indoor - but would be helpful on VASA WKO's

• I am also interested in this. ie specifically recording vasa swim power as a discrete ciq data set on FR945.

Further, I want to be able to display vasa swim power as a cp curve in Golden Cheetah.

keep me updated please (email is best and here is my cryptic email for those pesky bots to skip over:: shortened version of information at the5krunnerDOTcom)

• Apologies to all.. I didn't realise it was 5 months since I last "thought" about it and went from working on CIQ to working on Apple Apps (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/breakaway-indoor-training/id1541280053

the lap capability you mentioned, this is just something "normal" to any (native)Garmin App right? not the Swimmer garmin native data field/app (cos I  abhor the way the Swimmer data field works- not really a swimmer thus....)

• Actually relates to the native data fields in the Bike Vs Swim Modes. It was changed from the swim mode (910XT)acting like run/bike to Lap swim friendly Mode in the 920 and newer. 

Figured there could be a "APP" like STRYD has with the Swim functions Overlay utilizing the needed "bike data" inputs from the VASA....  You would see Stroke data and L/R balance and PWR etc with Speed/ Length in Swim friendly units and Lap functions as done in the native Swim Mode.   I'm just not developer smart enough to math it out ;)