DIY Datafield replacement is now Hundsmiachns DIY Datafield

Hi

For status updates you will have to read my latest posts in this thread, when it is usable for the masses I will make a new thread.

This is the new thread for a replacement of the great DIY datafield from  which is not developed anymore.

So I decided to code my own datafield based on his idea of importing the whole layout as a configuration string.

Discussion started here:

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/app-ideas/165670/replacement-for-diy---do-it-yourself-datafield---fully-customizable-data-field/958769#958769

XML was my first idea, because it is easy readable. But for now I am implementing the parsing of the settings string as a ";" list. So every value, type, setting is in this list as the config string. How to get this string easily from a readable format I will think of later. Today I added basic elements like text, line, circle and rectangle. Which values to display is my next task, speed, cadence, power, heartrate etc....

I will post the source code when I have finished the basic implementation. I am rather new to monkey c, so I still have to learn, but it seems not really that complicated.

Config string will look like this, short description below. It will look little bit different for every elementtype.

V;113311;120;100;HRT;0;C;%.2f;1;5@$G;LIN;5566FF;60;60;140;180;8@$G;CRF;AABB00;50;50;20

V: Value field
113311: RGB Color value
120: X coord
100: Y coord
HRT: value type heartrate, many more to come
0: font type 0-17   (FONT_XTINY, ...)
C: Center alignment
%.2f: floating precision
1: Outline true/false
5: Number of samples
@$: Separator for each element
G: graphic element
LIN: line
5566FF: color
60: X Coord
60: Y Coord
140: X Coord end
180: Y Coord end
8: line width
@$: Separator for each element
G: graphic element
CRF: circle filled
AABB00: color
50: X
50: Y
20: Radius

Here a screenshot of some random elements displayed, to test the parsing of the string.

A description what values are needed for each elementtype will follow later.

regards

Erich