This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZWIFT Rides No Longer Count Towards Challenges?

I was half way to completing the 2021 "January Ride to 200" challenge with ZWIFT rides and now my progress says zero.
My ZWIFT rides have always counted in the past challenges... is this something new??

• So YES!  I finally got this to work.  After Garmin exports, you have to upload to the fit file tools website the unzipped file.  That was my first mistake.  Second issue I had was that selecting Garmin with no device type on the fit file tools website did not work.  It only worked after selecting Garmin:fenix 6.  However, I believe it said incomplete import but I do see the run with some stats.  This is a great way to fix the issue.  Thanks for your post Dayve!!  This works!  Now on to uploading 2 months of Zwift data.

• That is not a fix, but a workaround though. Very important difference.

• Here’s a great “fix”. Don’t try and fix it? Disconnect the link between Zwift and Connect, run a Garmin device instead?!

• Perhaps you've missed it (easy to do with 17 pages of replies now), you throw speed, distance, and elevation consistancy out the window using a bare metal Garmin device to 'mimic' a Zwift ride. Might not be important to you, but to some of us it is. 

• Perhaps, although Zwift rides relating to speed, distance and elevation aren’t reflective to the real world in any way whatsoever (unless your a pro riding in a 300 strong peloton). 

• I've shared this several times now and have successfully been getting credit for all my runs/rides since using this very simple workaround.

https://youtu.be/zXAOeshX454

• Thank you for this. A very good visual and narrated explanation on how to get your non-Garmin device recorded activities (Zwift for me and many others) converted so that Garmin Connect will recognize them for credit to ones Challenges.

• maybe the point of challanges and badges, is to do REAL sports ? :)

• That is not the case for me. My rides on Zwift still show in Garmin Connect using the exact name that the activity is given when saving it across from Zwift, even if I don't change it. My ride last week with C.Cadence is shown as Zwift - Watopia, exactly as it has always been. 

• That remains to be seen, since garmin is the proud owner of tacx. Subsequently rides with the tacx desktop app should be regarded as garmin recorded activities. However even these rides do not contribute to your totals for cycling badges..

btw, untill yesterday they did count...