This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZWIFT Rides No Longer Count Towards Challenges?

I was half way to completing the 2021 "January Ride to 200" challenge with ZWIFT rides and now my progress says zero.
My ZWIFT rides have always counted in the past challenges... is this something new??

• Yep, I knew that.  So now I have to rethink my connectivity.  I have a Garmin Tacx Flow Smart Trainer but I've never tried connecting that to my Garmin Fenix 6.  I'm assuming if I do that then all should be legit towards Garmin challenges versus using Zwift data?

• why would it only impacting cycling?

As you can see in this thread, it does impact also Zwift Running. If it is not your case, then you either did not do any recent Zwift run, or you use a different way of syncing the data (or use a Garmin device in the same time too), or you somehow got lucky to get excluded.

Check out for example the following posts:

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Also 2021 part 1 of cycling , I am currently at 0 & 0 kms where yesterday I was 200+ , fix it please.

• I was cycling with zwift this month the same like last mont, my question is why does not count to the month cycling challenge? Last week It was counting all my cycling and now I do not have any records saved... I am so disappointed and frustrated... 

• Agreed, Garmin is still having major glitches.

• Agreed, Garmin is still having major glitches.

Except that this issue is actually not a glitch, but a fix of an old glitch Slight smile

• I'm disappointed in Garmin.

I think the point of the challenges should be to motivate people to exercise more and be healthier. ZWIFT is a primary indoor cycling platform and my ZWIFT rides are as good, if not better, fitness-wise than an outdoor ride.

Trax,  I get it.  Officially, Garmin says miles must be logged on a Garmin device.  However, my position is that ZWIFT imports, and similar, should be counted. Also, I'm not about to use my Garmin while ZWIFTing and then go through all the hub-bub of modifying/deleting my files so that they get logged for challenges.  To me it's just too much work.  Since most of my riding these days are inside, I will simply not participate in any cycling challenges.  That's too bad for me, I found them motivating and fun.

For those so inclined.... you can also use fitfiletools.com to change the Device of your fit file and it will get counted towards challenges...

1. Download your activity from Garmin (Export Original)
    2. Delete your activity from Garmin
    3. Use fitfiletools.com to change the device type (to a Garmin device)
    4. Upload the new fit file to Garmin.
    5. View your new activity that will have all the ZWIFT data AND will count towards your challenges.

Personally, it's still to much work for me to be worth it....  But, to each their own.

Garmin, please re-think this decision!

• Also,  I just noticed that with this change, imports are named differently.  For example, my last ZWIFT import was called "Richmond Virtual Cycling" instead of the normal "ZWIFT - Richmond".  So, it seems to me that the change was a monetary one (they don't want the competition's name, "ZWIFT", plastered all over everyone's activities and they obviously want you to use a Garmin for everything).

Garmin, My wife and I have been dedicated Garmin users since 2009 (I wasn't much into fitness before then).  Currently, I own three Garmin devices and my wife owns two.  We both find this change to be annoying and unnecessary.  Please reconsider your position.

• Same here... Was near complete with 200km and half way through the 91 Day 505 mile.   Hope Garmin actually read this points.  I cannot yet find anything official from them and only consistant is all my devices have recently been updated by their request.