This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZWIFT Rides No Longer Count Towards Challenges?

I was half way to completing the 2021 "January Ride to 200" challenge with ZWIFT rides and now my progress says zero.
My ZWIFT rides have always counted in the past challenges... is this something new??

• wouldn’t mind but I have many garmin devices that I use during real rides

Just use a Garmin Device for the indoor ride too, as the badge conditions require. I record my indoor rides with Garmin Instinct, and never lost a single km from the Challenge or Badge counts. 

• Thank you I can do moving forward Slight smile

just a shame they couldn’t of given notice or allow the 3rd party apps like they always have 

• just a shame they couldn’t of given notice or allow the 3rd party apps like they always have

In fact they never allowed imported activities to count towards challenges and badges, only some of the Zwift activities somehow managed to bypass the limitation, and Garmin now plugged the hole. The note about the necessity of using a Garmin device was always well documented.

• Hello, I did subscribe to the 2021 cycling stage 1 and the January ride to 200. But sinds yesterday all my progress is gone. 

I did a tide today today and it did not show up in the progress, which can be shown in the screenshots below.

How is it possible that all progress is gone and the new progress is not added.

Kind regards

Wiebe Hoekstra

• I just started using Zwift and was pretty peeved to find out Garmin does not count it towards the Challenges. I did find a workaround for my past rides. I jotted down all relevant stats for each ride first. Then on my watch I started a new Bike Indoor activity and immediately stopped and saved it. I went in and edited the stats, date/time, distance, HR, power, cadence, etc. I did this for each ride. Now my mileage shows up correctly in the Challenges. Since I also sync with Strava I had to delete these extra activities from that app.

Yes this takes some manual effort, but at least my past rides are accounted for! For future Zwift rides I will also start my Garmin watch activity in real-time and manually update the stats with the Zwift data each time after. Kind of a PITA, but if Garmin aint gonna do it, thats what has to be done!

• I hear all this chatter about Zwift no longer counting but that is BS because my run activity from Zwift is counting towards my challenges so why would it only impacting cycling?

• why would it only impacting cycling?

Shhhh...Zipper mouth Garmin will see this and plug that hole for running also. Grinning

• The only reason I can think for why it does not impact running is because Zwift running does not have the impacts of hills so your speed is truly your speed whereas in cycling you can virtually be moving at 50 MPH downhill like I just did on TDZ Stage 3 so perhaps they are not keen on that kind of situation.   Just speculating of course.

• Likewise, when you're going 3-4 mph uphill.

If you're recording on your Garmin head unit or watch, it's thinking you're going much faster, because it doesn't take into account inclines.

• You are actually going faster since it is the sensors in the trainer or Speed Sensor that measures the speed. The speed in Zwift is not the true speed. Maybe that is one of the reasons Garmin stopped the use of imported activities.