This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ZWIFT Rides No Longer Count Towards Challenges?

I was half way to completing the 2021 "January Ride to 200" challenge with ZWIFT rides and now my progress says zero.
My ZWIFT rides have always counted in the past challenges... is this something new??

• Mine 505k challenge run reset to 0 this evening too. Left the challenge and join again. Try to make manual activity, the challenge stay at 0. No way.

If my zwift imports doesn't work with challenge, I'm going to leave Garmin

I'm tired with that... !!!!

• This will not help you but Zwift imports has officially never been supported for badge challenges.

"Challenge Badge activities must be performed on a Garmin device and uploaded directly to Garmin Connect or the Garmin Connect app." - https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=6pECo6UIFn7ergw8kNmfu9

Maybe you can export the activity file. Set a Garmin device as device and then import it again. That should work if you import a FIT file. TCX files might work and are easier to work with. I wouldn't count on that GPX files work at all.

• I'm going to leave Garmin

but you will lose all your badges in that way Rofl

• Why not simply recording the activity with a Garmin device, as the badge conditions require? You can enter the right distance manually. That's exactly what I do since the beginning, and have never missed a badge because of it.

• I did not know that because until yesterday everything worked. Strangely it seems that they reminded themselves about this policy just recently without any prior warning for their users. I would understand if Zwift uploads have never worked because of some technical issues but it had worked. 
    Anyway at their Twitter account Garmin seems to suggest how it perfectly works with zwift (take a look: https://twitter.com/garmin/status/1350095408333283329?s=21) even though clearly it does no longer work that smoothly

Seems like garmin is doing all they can to annoy their users: hacking issue first then update that did not measure vo2 Max correctly without the strap and now this...

• I do not know whether Garmin changed something. The conditions were always the same, and imported non-Garmin activities never worked for me. It is also possible that Zwift changed something in the data transfer.

• nyway at their Twitter account Garmin seems to suggest how it perfectly works with zwift

Where does the tweet tell it works for badges? It was never supposed to. As far as I see it still delivers what it promisses. And you still can get the badges, if you respect the conditions.

• I was just chatting with Garmin Support, and yes they recently made an update which blocks 3rd party services from challenges.  Yes, their challenge guidance states Garmin device activities are required.  Honestly, I had never read that, as "it just worked" Until it didn't :-)  Live and learn, I guess. 

I don't like the idea of having to make a bunch of edits to an activity "for correctness", nor do I like to have multiple activities recorded (Zwift and Garmin), so I'll have to figure out a new process then.

I really like the badge / challenge system.  It could use some work, but I like "working towards something", especially when racing in real life isn't an option.

• Well, the thing about that position from Garmin of using Garmin devices for Badges/Challenges is that I'm using a freaking TACX Neo 2T, albeit through Zwift.  I just don't understand the logic that Garmin would have to cut off this type of functionality to their customers.  Maybe if they had a competitive service to Zwift, but the TACX Training App is crap...it just doesn't compare to the virtual environment provided by Zwift.  

It looks like I'm going to stop paying attention to my Garmin Badges/Challenges if Garmin isn't going to respect my choice of Training app.  

Yet another company that just doesn't get it...

• Never cared for Garmin badges, then competed a couple in December using Zwift and now they stop supporting it Joy