This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status separated when using two devices

I have a FR645 and an EDGE530, one for running (with chest strap) and one for cycling (chest strap and power meter).

Physio TrueUp is enabled on both devices, so I was expecting to see my cumulative training status, taking into consideration both runing and cycling.

But no, I have two different training status, one for each device:

FR645

EDGE530

My FR645 is telling me that I'm in a recovery period, but of corse it's not and I'm digging hard into cycling.

The only updated data is the recovery advisor, which on my everyday FR645 shows me correctly 42 hours, which is the recovery advice calculated by my EDGE 530, even if FR645 is still saying that I'm basically doing nothing (recovery...).

This is bad, because the whole point of choosing two devices of the same brand is to share information between the two, to be able to plan my next training session.

In my opinion Training Status must be a cumulative data, not divided by device but by sport: for example if I'm able to see only my running training status on Garmin Connect, I can adjust my schedule to compesate for imbalance between two my sports, but my overall training status is always the same, I'm not "recovery" if I'm overtraining with cycling!

• Former Member  I’ve seen at least one of you acknowledge this issue on another thread. People keep reporting the same issue yet you continue to sell devices with the promise of Physio True-up working. Can you please update your existing customers on when we can expect it to be fixed?

• Here the same problem, already a year. A 1030 edge for my race bike and ad 520 plus for the mtb, no Physio True-up, i use sporttracks to have a better idea about my training activity! Thanks Garmin.,,!

• This really sucks, I have a 1030 and a 935 forerunner, different stats and recovery times, this feature is broken and it's what you advertise on your flagship devices Garmin, I love your devices but this is a really bad experience.

• I switched from the Fenix 5x+ to the 6x and I have no training load at all. My 5X+ was at 750 and I'm right in the middle of a 5k training plan. So annoying I'm going to have to finish with my 5x+ it looks like I might as well return the 6x until I finish.

• I have exactly the same devices.  For me it does not sync training load.  Although some activities do partly migrate.  I have 2 training status's screens (one for each device) in Garmin connect on iOS.  Each device shows different load and status.

Question - other than ensuring both devices have physic true up enabled is there anything else you can suggest?

• This is really comical. Garmin Connect is about the athlete, not the device. Data from Garmin devices should be combined automatically in your dashboard. I would say this is a essential requirement. Having just added a Fenix 6 on top of my old Edge 810, imagine my surprise when the data wasn’t combined! Actually I’ve now come to realise that Garmin software and devices are flaky at best. I started my Fenix adventure with the weather widget being broken for weeks, which they now fixed with an update to GCM. Guess what? Now my Edge 810 wont synch over Bluetooth now! I didn’t realise buying another Garmin product would involve wasting hours on forums searching for fixes to basic functionality, but it seems it’s the case.
  • Would love Garmin to combine the training status / loads etc. Makes no sense for my Fenix telling me I’m detraining and my edge telling me I’m peaking!?  All data should be combined across all devices.

• Thanks god that I red this forum before buying an edge beside my fenix 5x plus. This saved me a lot of money. I dont want any more useless garmin device...

• I was trying to work out why my 935 and 530 have separate training status when I found this thread. It does seem crazy that this has not been fixed yet. Hopefully this reply will bring the subject back to the top.

• Hopefully, this drives me crazy, Edge 1030 and F6s, still different loads, status etc.  Only thing which actually works is recovery time, which seems to synced.