This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Status separated when using two devices

I have a FR645 and an EDGE530, one for running (with chest strap) and one for cycling (chest strap and power meter).

Physio TrueUp is enabled on both devices, so I was expecting to see my cumulative training status, taking into consideration both runing and cycling.

But no, I have two different training status, one for each device:

FR645

EDGE530

My FR645 is telling me that I'm in a recovery period, but of corse it's not and I'm digging hard into cycling.

The only updated data is the recovery advisor, which on my everyday FR645 shows me correctly 42 hours, which is the recovery advice calculated by my EDGE 530, even if FR645 is still saying that I'm basically doing nothing (recovery...).

This is bad, because the whole point of choosing two devices of the same brand is to share information between the two, to be able to plan my next training session.

In my opinion Training Status must be a cumulative data, not divided by device but by sport: for example if I'm able to see only my running training status on Garmin Connect, I can adjust my schedule to compesate for imbalance between two my sports, but my overall training status is always the same, I'm not "recovery" if I'm overtraining with cycling!

• I just got off the phone with Garmin after noticing the same issue. No apology or "we're working on it" just an unsympathetic dismissal of the issue. The guy I spoke with said they intentionally keep the Training Status from the two devices separate because cycling (Edge 530) and running (Forerunner 935) stress your body in different ways and then he said something about how they couldn't add my Edge 530 load in to my Forerunner 935 total without knowing the calories I ate on the bike... or something. It didn't seem like he had a good answer just that he knew he wasn't going to be of help and wanted to get me off the phone. 

Thank Garmin. I'll be returning my new Edge 530 (which I largely bought just to stay on one software ecosystem) and getting a Wahoo. Training peaks works great to pull data from multiple devices unlike Garmin Connect apparently.

• Yes same problem with my edge 530 and fenix 5. 2 different training loads despite syncing them. Amazed garmin are not even responding on this thread. 

• Still an issue.

Wondered, after a fair bit of cycling why it was telling me I was unproductive, then i found you could switch devices and it said I was overreaching. This really isn't that helpful Garmin. Can't we have a joint option too?

• What the *** is the point of this forum if garmin never catches wind of what the problem is?

• What is the point of this forum if garmin never catches wind of how *** up this is?

• This already exist and it is related to Phisio TrueUp. Because the recente devices sync each other (through Garmin Connect) V02Max and recent activities, all new devices have all datas to show the same VO2Max and Training Status. If this is not happening means that there is an issue. Full stop. 

I am doing some tests with Fenix 6 and Edge 830 and I confirm that this issue still exist. 

Because I have installed beta version in both I will report it to Beta teams. 

Please, do the same with your devices. 

• I have the same issue, this is rubbish. I use a 530 for cycling, Fenix 6 for everything else. This weekend forgot to go out on my bike with the HR strap, so used the fenix. Now it says my training load is decreasing. Is there really no fix for this??

• I just bought a 530 to go with my Fenix 6 pro. I have been out 3 times now and thought I did something wrong now I see this is an issue. I am seriously considering returning the 530. 

• I returned mine for that reason! Bought a Wahoo Roam and don't regret it one bit. It's also a lot less frustrating with mapping, etc., too. 

• I found a solution to this in another thread. I managed to get it to work. the trick is you have to Sync both devices before an activity