Sync problems: Training calendar runs don't show up, workouts don't sync at all

For the past few weeks I've been unable to get my training plan from Garmin Connect to show up correctly on my Forerunner 235. When I navigate on the watch to "Training Calendar", it says to download your training calendar from Garmin Connect. I've tried this a gazillion times. I've wiped the entire watch back to factory settings multiple times, I've canceled and deleted my training plans and restarted with a different plan... without fail, none of the workouts show up in the training calendar on the watch. They are, however, hiding in the workouts section.

I've also discovered that new workouts that I make online with Garmin Connect aren't being synced. I've specifically gone into the app, selected the individual workout, sent it to the device, and Garmin Connect says it worked, the watch shows a transfer successfully finishes... no new workouts.

Anyone else having similar issues? And any idea how to fix it? I'm getting frustrated, the calendar view on the watch is key to keeping me on track.
  • Did U try syncing different types of activities and check if it is a problem with all, or just with activity U R trying?

What message do U get when trying to send activity from web?

• Unfortunately it does not seem to work in every cases. I went through all this thread and tried every option, syncing with Express and trying with Connect on my phone as well but the training plan never appeared on the 645.

I have no problem getting training plans from the Garmin Coach widget (with Amy, Jeff & Greg coaches), everything is uploading on the watch but as soon as I try to upload one of the third parties training plan (Full Potential or Olympic Triathlon for instance), the training plan appears on the web browser calendar as well as the one on my phone but it won't upload to the 645 as I have the "Set up a Garmin Coach training plan..." message. Could it be a sort of incompatibility because it was developed outside of Garmin and it was not updated?

Any idea?

Thank you for your help.

• Standard response from Garmin yet nothing ever appears to improve.  Your software is AWFUL.  Buggy as hell, seldom gets fixed in a satisfactory manner and customer service is non existent.  For a PREMIUM priced product the service level is atrocious.  'Workarounds' from the community should not be the norm.  Fixing your software engineering and testing cycles prior to release should be prioritised. 

• My personal experience with the support of Garmin remains very positive, but if you are that unsatisfied, then there is a simple solution - sell your device, and buy one from a company that adheres to your criteria, and offers only bugfree products. You'll be happier, and Garmin will learn a lesson Slight smile

• My boyfriend and I have have been having this issue for a LONG time.  Very frustrating and never a fix from Garmin.  Called them and they try to do "workarounds" that never work.  This is a ridiculous problem for them to have.

• Any solutions yet because all I see from Garmin are "stock" answers for this problem. Naturally, you also recommend buying a new device witch does not solve the major issues that your software has.  

• On March 27th, I got an email from someone at Garmin stating:

"We're pleased to announce that we've made improvements to how we send workouts to your device and this should no longer be an issue going forward. Please confirm that you now are seeing the next few weeks of workouts that are currently scheduled on your Connect calendar on your device."

Of course, I was excited and got ready to see a change at my next sync and the problem persists. I responded to Garmin by email to explain the problem and let them know that it hasn't been fixed. Their reply included the following:

"The 'Send workouts to device' button was removed since we made it so that the workouts automatically sync once they're scheduled."

It seems that Garmin thinks that workouts are syncing automatically. I really don't think they understand that the issue is with scheduled training plans and getting completed workouts flushed from the device so that they may be replaced by future ones. This is so basic, yet it DOES NOT happen automatically. And since they removed the "send to device" button, it doesn't even happen manually. It only happens if you make actual changes to the training plan in order to fool the system into thinking something is new.

Very frustrating and hard to understand how they haven't resolved this after what is now years.

• I'm having the same issue!!! It's making me mad.

• Thanks 3909519! This workaround is successful for me.

• A year later... I’m having the same issue. Tried resetting, reinstalling, rescheduling, different coaches, usb cables. Nothing works. This was a priority a year ago but I don’t see anyone’s posted any solutions?