Sync problems: Training calendar runs don't show up, workouts don't sync at all

For the past few weeks I've been unable to get my training plan from Garmin Connect to show up correctly on my Forerunner 235. When I navigate on the watch to "Training Calendar", it says to download your training calendar from Garmin Connect. I've tried this a gazillion times. I've wiped the entire watch back to factory settings multiple times, I've canceled and deleted my training plans and restarted with a different plan... without fail, none of the workouts show up in the training calendar on the watch. They are, however, hiding in the workouts section.

I've also discovered that new workouts that I make online with Garmin Connect aren't being synced. I've specifically gone into the app, selected the individual workout, sent it to the device, and Garmin Connect says it worked, the watch shows a transfer successfully finishes... no new workouts.

Anyone else having similar issues? And any idea how to fix it? I'm getting frustrated, the calendar view on the watch is key to keeping me on track.
  • The solution is much simpler, and was mentioned many times in this thread, as well as in many other ones about similar topics. Simply add any dummy workout (it can be completely unrelated to the coach plan) to the schedule and sync. It will clear the queue, and workouts will be syncing fine again. Also, use the USB cable and Garmin Express, for the upload to the device.

Should it not help, you may have too many workouts on the watch, and may need to delete some of the old ones. Have  a look at the following article for the instructions: Why is My Workout Not Syncing to My Garmin Watch? | Garmin Customer Support You can also do it by connecting the watch over the USB cable, and deleting the files in the folder //GARMIN/Workouts/

• Yes. This is a simple solution. Still, it's a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist. Garmin has known about this problem for years and it still isn't resolved. Crazy. What we are talking about here is a sync function. All my Apple devices sync. Google syncs across devices. My Palm Pilot could sync. This is basic stuff and it should work without users constantly trying to trick the devices into behaving the way they should behave automatically.

• Tell it to Garmin. All we can do for you here is giving you the help you are asking for, in form of tips and workarounds. We can't fix it for Garmin.

• I tried all of it;
    - adding new activity and syncing
    - changing an activity and syncing
    - removing the program and adding it again
    - Syncing by Garmin connect
    - Syncing by Garmin express

Nothing works.

Polar flow worked flawless. Too bad I changed...

• I tried all of it;
    - adding new activity and syncing
    - changing an activity and syncing
    - removing the program and adding it again
    - Syncing by Garmin connect
    - Syncing by Garmin express

Nothing works.

Polar flow worked flawless. Too bad I changed...

• Nothing works.

Any error messages? Are you sure it did not sync? What exactly are you trying to sync - an individual Workout, a Coach Plan, Calendar, or something else? Did you schedule your workouts and hit the button "upload to device"? Did you check the watch folders, whether the concerned workouts and/or schedules are in the folder //GARMIN/Workouts and //GARMIN/Workouts/Scheduled? Really nothing there?

• Same issue with the coach plan. I see this issue is almost a year long one - no one on garmin side is even looking at, never heard of bugs such long to fix if you're actually fixing them.

• I think you're missing the issue here. For many of us, this isn't a matter of not knowing what we're doing. Things work fine for me most of the time. But often, there is a problem where it just doesn't work. The "upload to device" option on the GarminConnect site and in the app does not appear. This is a known issue at Garmin and has been for a couple years. It has not been solved.

• The "upload to device" option on the GarminConnect site and in the app does not appear.

Haven't seen that yet. Can you give an example, where or when the button does not appear? 

• Exactly where it normally appears, it sometimes isn't there. The little arrow doesn't appear. And on the site, when you click the three dots button, "send to device" doesn't appear as an option.