This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • iPhone Xs Max, Forerunner 945. Both on latest firmware / ios versions.

Issue #1 -  Wifi Error 700 when I try and sync playlists, I have to use a router that is ONLY 2.4Ghz for Spotify, using a router that is a dual band with 5Ghz, I'm unable to sync. However doing the Wifi test from within the Garmin Connect App, tells me the wifi connection test is successful.

Issue #2 - (Sometimes but fairly often) Spotify CIQ App freezes after connecting BT headphones and refuses to change track, playlist or to play / stop tracks. Trying to use either the watch buttons or the headphone buttons to stop / start does nothing. Disconnecting BT headphones and reconnecting doesn't resolve issue. Only solution is to restart Watch, after which it works again. 

• - When you use the Dual Band Router, are both bands enabled? If so, what is the make/model of your router?

Issue #2 What make/model of headphones are you using with your Forerunner 945? 

• The dual band router is a home fibre router, there is no way for me to configure the router to be single band only as the ISP have changed the default login! Cheeky

Its a Huawei EchoLife EG8145V5 Fibre Router. 

Headphones are Jabra Elite Sport Buds

• iPhone 7. First avenger watch. New watch so it hasn’t worked. In the iq app it says that Spotify is installed, but it doesn’t show on my watch. I have tried uninstalling and reboting, but it still doesn’t work. Uset my privat wifi.

• iPhone 6s

garmin 245music 

spotify stops at 98% and then says failed. 

• iPhone 7

Forerunner 945

Spotify has never worked on this watch.

I am trying to download podcasts but they sync % never moves beyond 0.

I am on a private WiFi at a university, where it requires a specific log-in.

• iPhone 7

Forerunner 945

Spotify has never worked 

I am trying to download podcasts, but the watch won’t download past 0%.

I am on a private WiFi at a university campus.

• I am using IPhone 7

I have the forerunner 945

i haven’t used Spotify on my watch before.

I have been trying to download podcasts, but each time Spotify won’t sync past 0%. It says sync failed.

I am using a private WiFi on a campus.

• iPhone X

fenix 6x sapphire 

~Dec 2019

No

No.

Please help. I find Connecf IQ is having a download error and the watch itself repeatedly says no internet connection after I select music to sync to. The WiFi works and is password-protected.

OC

• Iphone XR ios up to date

vivoactive 3 music

spotify worked fine until I tried to sync a new playlist, last time I tried to add a playlist 6+months ago

all music content via spotify

not public wifi, tried 2 different wifi sources, still just get 0% sync followed by sync failed

turned off/on every thing, synced, tried removing spotify and reinstalling all to no joy