This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify CIQ App not working correctly

We are investigating reports that the Spotify CIQ App not working correctly and we are wanting your feedback. Please provide some details about what is occurring when you try to use or setup the Spotify Connect IQ App. Below are just a few questions we would like answered.

• What kind of phone are you using?
  • What Garmin Device do you have?
  • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly?
  • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File?
  • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal)
  • Just unpacked my New forerunner 645 Music, 

But Can not Connect to Spotify! Keeps telling me that “there is a problem getting you signed in”

iPhone xs on my private wifi 

• iPhone 7
    • Garmin fenix 5s plus
    • Got the watch 2 weeks ago, spotify never worked, as whenever I try to download a playlist it just stays at 0%.
    • Using home wifi

Very annoying, as being able to listen to music without my phone was one of the reasons for purchasing this watch

• Iphone 11

Garmin Vivoactive 3 music 

Using private WiFi 

It stopped working 3-4 weeks ago 

It’s not syncing any of my playlists. Error message just reads Sync Failed

• iPhone 11 Pro 

• I have the Fenix 6s sapphire 
    • Spotify never worked correctly 
    • It happens with every file 
    • I tried using at home with WiFi abs in the trail while hiking
  • Yesterday I dug out an old Belkin Wifi Extender which is only 2.4Ghz and proceeded to extend my existing network, but via a new SSID purely for the 945 - and surprise surprise the 945 works fine with this access point - using the same passphase (so not a character, number issue either)

I can only assume there is an issue with the Garmin wifi chipset and newer 5Ghz/2.4Ghz mixed routers?

• I’m using an IPhone X.

My Garmin device is Garmin Fenix 5 Plus.

Last time I used Spotify on my watch and it worked correctly was last weekend.

I cannot open Spotify on my watch. 2 days ago I could open it but couldn’t listen to any song.

I’m using a private WiFi (the one I have at home and I’ve been using for the last year).

• What kind of phone are you using? --> iPhone 6
    • What Garmin Device do you have? --> Fenix 6 Pro
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? --> About Jan 2020
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? --> No. Error appears when trying to synchronize music from playlists stating there'd be no wifi connection. When checking wifi via watch or connect app, everything seems to be fine. 
    • Are you using Public WiFi? (Using a Wi-Fi Device on a Captive Portal) --> No, private
  • iPhone X when loading songs from Spotify I can get as far as adding my Spotify songs or playlists and I select add on my watch (Which is 1 day old out of the box and updated) and it says connecting to WIFI then shows that cannot connect to WIFI error. Again I just bought this watch 4/18/20 which was yesterday. I also am not able to connect to any WIFI I want. I have only have access to connecting at a random Burger King. It will not connect at my place of employment or at home.

• Fenix 5S, iphone XS. I can‘t download spotify from IQ. stays in queue and fails each time asking to try again later. I have this issue since having spotify and not able to add music to the library as the watch could not connect to my secured home wifi.  When checking the wifi it was confirmed to be connected but spotify will say no wifi. Then garmin chat help told me to delete all apps, connect, iq, and remove spotify from the watch, which I did and since then, not even able to download it again into the phone.

i.o.s 13.4.1 can Garmin help at all? This is the reason I got this watch! Terrible customer support

• When is Garmin actually going to respond to the issue?

• What kind of phone are you using? iPhone 11
    • What Garmin Device do you have? Vivoactive 4s
    • When was the last time Spotify worked correctly? Yesterday
    • Does the problem only happen with a specific Audio File? All the playlists appear loaded but the watch just won't play them. Hit the play button and nothing happens.
    • Are you using Public WiFi? No - home wifi.