This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Let’s be kind to the developers - this is a product management issue at root, not the fault of the engineers/devs working on the product (they will be maxed out with their queue and largely won’t get to choose what high level objectives they focus on like adding functionality versus improving quality/fixing bugs)

• Garmin Connect update today, and no fix for this.????

@Garmin ???? Not acceptable for a such big company!

And not acceptable that this issue is not the first priority on the list. Com on, sync service is DOWN.

Garmin, get involved into discussion!

• My instinct the same. Sort it out Garmin

• I'm afraid this will change but the update seems to have resolved the issue for me

• And me....has been very frustrating using the laptop for the past week or so, but this mornings run managed to sync using the App, after the App 4.24.1 update overnight, Fenix 5plus and Iphone 11pro iOS13.1.3...maybe it is device specific. 

• Garmin-Blake - it seems that an update to Garmin Connect was rolled out overnight which includes "bug fixes", but which for many of us doesn't seem to resolve the ongoing sync issues. Do you have any info as to whether this was supposed to be a fix, or whether this is still being worked on for a subsequent update?

• Lucky you! I still get the red “!” trying to sync the watch even with no new activities.

So 4.24.1. did not solve any major bugs.

• I’ve had a mixed experience over the last couple of days. I actually got a route to transfer across for the first time in a while since the update, and sometimes activities sync now, but this is inconsistent and I’ve seen the red exclamation sync error since the update. Weather worked once after the update and is now stuck. Bearing in mind the inconsistency of the symptoms it must be hard to diagnose, but many of us would be prepared to be patient if we had some more communication from Garmin about the issue and what steps are being taken to resolve it.

• Just a normal day for Garmin mate, this is how the company works

• Yep, everyone who comes online and says "it fixed it".  Isn't giving it time.  It doesn't take long to go back to the same sync crap and you will notice your temperature never changes.  Weather broke again.

Absolutely no excuse for this.