This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Complete agree. 

Since now I did this stupid Delete, Reboot, Try to Connect stuff twice. Deleting the fit Files ... Seems that the amount of data is somehow the problem and not the activity itself.

• I've reset my watch, phone, removed, reinstalled.  You name it. Numerous times.  Knowing full well it was GCM the problem, but I had to try what GARMIN said.  Thanks for the wasted hours.

• Still cant sync, the Garmin status page shows sync issues across the board, fact is its never ending software issues with this company, as such today I have decided to jump ship, a watch that cant sync is worthless and as usual Garmin are not providing updates are working speedily to fix the issue, it should take no more than a few hours to solve this issue, I am glad I am moving on, I will never by anything with a Garmin label again. 

• Given this has nothing to do with IOS 13 and all to do with the latest GC this is a waste of everyone's time.

Whilst you're investigating the problem, can I suggest you put the previous version of GC back on the AppStore? That will solve the problem.

• Each update to Garmin Connect Mobile is released to introduce new features, resolve issues, or both. Reverting back to the most recent or any previous version may remove a newly released feature or reintroduce an issue that was previously affecting other users. Releasing a previous version into the App Store again would also require going through the approval process which would further delay the next production release.

We understand the frustration caused by the issues that users are seeing and would like to reiterate that we are actively working resolving multiple issues with our next production release. An exact timeline is unavailable right now and we appreciate everyone's patience while we work to release this. 

• Agreed! Simply acknowledge it, give the solution to use the cable with a pc or WiFi if your device has it, until they solve the issue. 

• My vivosmart 4 keeps losing connection and the only way to sync is by “forgetting” the device and reloading it As a new device EVERY TIME!!! Super frustrating. 

• I have a vivosmart 4 and the app keeps dropping the connection with it. The only way to sync is to “forget” the device and reload it as a new one EVERY TIME!!! I’ve probably done this 6-7 times in the 48 hours since I downloaded iOS 13.*** whatever!! Super frustrating!!! 

• My vivosmart 4 keeps losing connection and the only way to sync is by “forgetting” the device and reloading it As a new device EVERY TIME!!! Super frustrating. 

• This is the detailed error report in GCM that I got when synchronization fails.

GCM Software Version: 4.24.0.17
    Garmin Device Software Version:  4.20
    Garmin Device Model:  fenix 6S Sapphire

Error Domain=GCMSyncErrorDomain Code=2 "Fel på enhetsanslutning" UserInfo={SyncErrorReason=File UL: Directory listing request failed, NSLocalizedDescription=Fel på enhetsanslutning, NSUnderlyingError=0x282e9e0d0 {Error Domain=GarminDeviceSync.FileTransferErrorDomain Code=17 "(null)" UserInfo={GarminDeviceMessageError.ErrorReasonKey=Cannot download. Not ready.}}}