This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• I know that with wearables, it's a race between companies to stay on top of features.  But in software development, it's often prudent to freeze all new features and do nothing but bug fixes for a while.  Garmin is WAY beyond needing to stop with the features, and start with shaping up the device firmware and GCM.  I don't need any more features, I need a device that works. 

I'm boxing up my Fenix 6x Pro to return.  I just can't take the problems both with GCM and the device. 

• What device are you looking at ? I too have decided to quit Garmin, the endless issues are just too unbearable, its never ending, I discovered that around 2013 Garmin wanted to move the entire Garmin Connect team to a new location miles away from their home, they refused so Garmin in their wisdom sacked the entire team ! So they put themselves up for sale, thats the entire time that created Garmin connect, it looks like Garmin never recovered, what kind of company treats its talent that way? I guess its also hard to recruit the best after doing that to an entire team, that is probably why to this day its endless issues !

• I LOVE the hardware.  I mean it's rugged, and I love rugged.  I'm just going to go back to my AW5.  The AW is very smart and accurate, but not very rugged and the battery just plain sucks.

I've looked at Polar and Suunto, but can you believe neither have music?  I mean Music is 50% of what keeps me going on a run or swim!  It's a wonderful way to motivate and zone out. 

I'm considering a TicWatch PRO LTE, as my AW4 and AW5 is LTE and I love that.   There just doesn't seem to be a lateral move to a device from the Fenix line, at least for the moment.

I've NEVER had such a bad experience, and never had to spend so much time on a device, just to get the basic function of the device to work.  I can't fathom how Garmin's programmers can keep their jobs with quality this bad.  

If what you say is true about the Garmin team, then it won't ever really recover from that.

• Oh its true, just google it, yes I am thinking of getting the apple Apple watch 5, just a bit concerned about the battery life, Im not worried about music, I just want good battery and reliability, Garmin is just so unreliable it can no longer be tolerated, with so many other options out there if they dont get a grip they wont survive in this market 

• Just FYI, if I run for an hour outside with GPS, then swim 30 minutes, along with a core fitness class 30 minutes.  I can get 1.5 days with an AW5.   I turn the always on display off, it looks dumb and the gestures work very well.   FYI, I always play music and that also burns battery.

Get the cellular, you won't even need a phone  Slight smile

Hate to type this on this thread as this is about Garmin Sync problems.  But 2 weeks now and no fix, it' might as well been a year. (that doesn't include the problems with my watch firmware).

• Another FYI to Garmin.  With the current problems, Find Phone doesn't work.  Emergency Assistance doesn't work.  SERIOUS problems here folks.  You would think they would fix this a day or two after the reports... But no..   2 weeks now and just a "we are working on it".  Great, I lost my phone at the gym and had to call my daughter to use the find my phone feature to ping it so I could find it.  The sync bug is causing real havoc.

• iPhone 8 and Fenix 5S, same thing. Shows synced but it is not (in full). Shows red exclamation mark in device setting but on main screen shows geen synced icon. 

Steps sync. Stress, sleep, etc does not

• iPhone 8 and Fenix 5S. same thing. Shows synced but it is not (in full). Shows red exclamation mark in device setting but on main screen shows green synced icon. 

Steps sync. Stress, sleep, etc does not

• Apple Watch is a great watch and if I didn't need something that lasts longer  I would have settled for the Apple watch.

Recommendation - get 2 apps: Footpath and Workoutdoors

• Apple Watch is a great watch and if I didn't need something that lasts longer  I would have settled for the Apple watch.

Recommendation - get 2 apps: Footpath and Workoutdoors

100% true. As a longtime Garmin user (910XT, Fenix 3, 935, 945, Edge 800, Edge 820), I made the move to an Apple Watch 5 GPS+Cellular. Love it. 

Reason: I was annoyed about the sloppiness in handling bugs by Garmin. No trust anymore. This is very sad.

AW has its problems too, but they are really minor in comparison. With direct contact to the authors of really brilliant workout apps like Workoutdoors or syncing tools like RunGap, problems can be sorted out very quickly.

Battery is not that big issue for me. I have multiple charging cables around and as soon as I finished a GPS based workout, I start charging. Typically when I go to the shower, when I come back, at least 50% of the battery power that was consumed is already back. Never had a problem with running low on battery yet. Of course, battery lifetime is not as good as a Garmin but comparing the functionality, this is relative.