This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Thanks for clarifying. I think people have had enough of being fobbed off with stock troubleshooting steps which we have already tried, or being told by support that there is no issue. It’s nice to finally hear an acknowledgment of the problems. I wish you luck fixing them and in the meantime I’ll use the Wi-Fi sync to upload activities. I hope it’s fixed soon though as I spent 100s on a new Fenix in order to use the navigation capabilities which are currently unusable. 

• Thanks for taking the time to address the original post.

It will probably prevent more already frustrated customers from getting their hopes up having a response from Garmin only to discover it is of little help.  (this is what happened to me)

Please forgive my tone - however 1 week of repeated interactions with Garmin support and no meaningful response has frustrated me and a number of the other contributors to this forum.

I am glad to see a representative from garmin reading this thread, and indeed can understand your original post if you had only read the title.

I would however echo the comments of other contributors and request any information you can give in terms of a timescale for a real fix.  My guess and indeed hope is that this boils down to asking when is the next release of GC planned?

• Also have a Fenix6 sapphire and no syncing since the update. I have tried the whole Delete and start over to no avail. Since it’s a relatively new watch to me, I’m thinking this was a bad investment. 

• It worked as expected when I finished my run last night. It automatically synced shortly after I completed it. Hopefully that continues tonight and this weekend.

• Same issue. iPhone 11 Pro  Forerunner 945. Endless attempts, no success at all.

• BTW Livetrack isn't working either ...

• Same issues on my both Fenix 5 Plus and Vivoactive 3 combined with IOS 13.1.3. Endless Sync Failed message ! Disappointed

• I'm glad to read that you all have this problem. Yesterday I spend hours in restarting, re-installing, deleting, re-configuring, etc :-D

I have the same problems: there is a working bluetooth connection: steps, heart rate, etc, are displaying in de app. But the activities aren't syncing via bluetooth. Via wifi the activities syncs without problems. The weather info on my Fenix 5 plus is also not working.

It's in my humble opinion unacceptable that Garmin can't fix this problem faster. They could put back version 4.23 of the app. I can't believe the programmers can't solve this problem faster...

• Exactly my suggestion - roll back the latest update until they find a permanent fix. They could do this in 5 minutes. 

• Your first paragraph is why Garmin’s reaction to this has been unforgivable. Finding out there is an issue with syncing would be a minor irritation, quickly forgotten when it’s fixed. These things happen. But their silence in the subject (until today’s grudging acknowledgement and deflection in the post below) has lead to many, many wasted hours of their customers time. 

Instead of their Twitter team feigning ignorance of the problem and directing people to irrelevant troubleshooting steps, they could simply have pinned a tweet saying “we know there is an issue and we’re working to resolve it”. Easy. Instead they’ve massively damaged customer trust IMO.