This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• I am... iPhone 11 running iOS 13

• Same issue Fe5x+ with ios13.1.3, only activities do not sync.

Reboot iPhone, reboot Fe5x+, delete and re-pair BT, add new device in garmin connect = not fix.

• I have been in dialogue this afternoon with a manager in their Product Support team. They do acknowledge that this issue is widespread and do accept that the Troubleshooting steps their Twitter account, etc. are directing people to are useless.

There is some "settings" that can be changed for the user on their side which may solve the issues for some people. Hasn't worked for weather data for me, but it looks like my sync may be working again.

I would encourage everyone to use the link inthe banner on this site to open a support ticket; don't be fobbed off when they tell you they've not had any reports of this issue and insist it's a known issue. They will likely ask you for a Diagnostic Log and for you to zip the Garmin folder from the device up and send it to them. They will also likely try the back end settings change for you.

In short, report it and be persistent so they can't ignore you.

• OK I have not tried any of these troubleshooting techniques because so many people have reported they did not work, however mine is suddenly syncing again for no rhyme or reason. I assumed that Garmin had an app update but they have not, I did restart both devices but that’s all I did and that did not work the first time.

• That's a temporary fix.  It will break again  Slight smile

• I also had further contact from support....

They suggested deleting the contents of activity, sleep, and monitor folders.

Same effect - temporary fix....

• Hi all,

I had the issue of activities not syncing

• In Short: Connect IQ app updates "in queue" may be causing activities not syncing in Connect.

Hi all,

I had these issues syncing as well. Sometimes my activity would sync after power cycling all my devices, turning off and on bluetooth, etc. However it was all very spotty what may or may not sync.

What I noticed is that the "Connect IQ" app showed my device was connected, but also had several apps in queue to update. When I clicked the "Updates" button, it noted that all my apps were up to date. I thought this was odd, so I power cycled watch, uninstalled Connect IQ, turned bluetooth off and on, etc. Still same issue.

I then let my iPhone sit on the "Manage Device" screen while I opened a ticket with Garmin. As I waited, I noticed that apps in my queue started getting installed! I let them all install, then went back over to my "Connect" app and set it to sync. It all then worked!

Maybe it will break again later, but this could be the cause of the activity sync problems; you got Connect IQ updates not processing.

• Talk to us tonight on how long that fix worked  Blush.

It's almost time for an updated with Garmin Connect.  I'm sure they will fix this the right way.  It's affecting everything across all of their product lines.  If you look in version history, they update weekly.   It's been over a week, so they must be working on this.

• An issue that affect the majority of their products on a very common platform and they missed it. What a triumph for QA :-/ I think Garmin have taken 'fail fast, fail often' to heart (just at the same time as most other continuous and high-cadence delivery adopters are reassessing this 'wisdom')...