This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• Thanks, there is no “WiFi” choice on the settings on my Fenix 5. No big deal, connecting it to my laptop is working for now. 

• This seems to only effect my Fenix 6x. I had zero issues syncing my 520 after a ride today.

• Ok, just realized my version of the Fenix 5 doesn’t have WiFi. 

• Same issue. I have to remove my device and re-install every time I want it to sync. It’s very frustrating 

• It’s the latest Garmin software update on many devices. Not sure if your 520 updates automatically like your Fenix, but if it does I’d turn off the auto updates beforehand. 
  • I am also finding that if I restart my Phone I have to setup my Fenix5 Plus each time as Connect has forgotten it.  Tested this twice with same result each time.  After I have reconnected my watch the missing activity has been synced.  I've not tried adding a new activity but suspect it wont sync.

• You can just use WiFi (if your watch has it) or plug it into your laptop with Garmin Express to upload your activities. The weird thing is I haven’t seen mentioned on here is that the regular fitness tracking stuff is all working. Steps, heart rate, etc. It’s just the activities that aren’t uploading because they have to be synced and not just connected to the app. 

• Brand new 6x Sapphire having the same issue.  Is weather also not working for everyone?

• No weather not working here either. 

It’s genuinely pitiful that none of the Garmin employees who frequent this forum have bothered to respond to any of the myriad threads on this topic in the past few days. Another suggestion that they’ve failed to take the warnings from the likes of DC Rainmaker seriously. You can only take your most engaged customers for granted for so long before the inevitable happens.

• Same issue, been happening for a week or two now. If I keep trying to turn Bluetooth off and on and syncing again eventually sometimes it works but it's not happening for me today. Very annoying.