This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Sync after update to IOS 13.1.3

I have a Garmin Edge Explore and after upgrading my iPhone to ios 13.1.3 the Garmin is not automatically uploading to Garmin Connect anymore. Also manual upload does not work properly.

I have set the settings of the iPhone to the suggested settings but nothing works.

Garmin Connect app shows a green bullet to indicate it is connected to Edge Explore, but trying to sync is resulting in a red triangle indicating an error.

I use an iPhone X with ios 13.1.3

The Garmin Explore is on software version 4.24.0.17

• yes.  problem solved a month ago.  update your garmin connect app on your phone, and make sure you're using the latest (5.0 or beta) firmware for your watch. then restart both. everything should work swimmingly.  if not- call garmin.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to morey000

With all due respect the problem was not solved as you can read in here, also Garmin themselves admit this problem.

in despair I now use a sumsung note 8 with my fenix 5 and it works perfectly.

I note that the android version has had a further update (4.12.2019)  but not the iOS version hence the same problem still there for a lot of Apple users.

• My Vivoactive HR is blocked : “ waiting for settings “. Nothing is happening : no swipe, no buttons working at all. I have iPhone XS Max, iOS 13.3 and I don’t know the Connect’ version, but I suppose is updated.

My iOS is connected with watch, but the watch is like a not useful bracelet on my left waist. Absolutely disgusting software for Connect Garmin ! It’s a shame...

• i’ve written on this forum before looking for help and no solution works .. consistently.  Every single time, using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with Garmin Fenix 5, when the Garmin app updates or I land in a new country (I travel a lot for work) the app requires me to log in afresh, as it never used to.

This annoying process has happened for me at least ten times in the last month to six weeks.

Once logged back in, it never “sees” the Fenix 5 despite setting it up correctly to connect with the phone.

It generally takes at least 15 minutes or more to shut down app, reboot phone, re-login and an assortment of other attempts before it finally connects.

Very frustrating, as I don’t have problems with any other apps or connected devices with the iPhone ... which leaves me concluding that either the Fenix 5 or Garmin app are not up to scratch.

I now openly discourage others from buying a Garmin, despite previously being a big fan. 

• I have a vivoactive hr and it stopped syncing after my phone updated to IOS 13.  It is connected, but not syncing.  

• I have also that problem- haven’t been able to sync my watch with my iPhone for about two weeks. Please help me because now my watch doesn’t keep track of my steps anymore 

• I’m also having the same issue on my iPhone 7 since upgrading to iOS 13.1.3 with my fenix 5x 

• This fixed the issue for me - Forerunner 935

• I have the same problem on my F6 (Firmware 6.0), Garmin Connect 4.26 and Ios 13.3.1. If you uninstall the Garmin Connect application and reinstall it, after resynchronization the weather returns but for once. So it's not Ios 13.3.1 but a Garmin Connect problem.

• Thank you I will give it a try