This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

text message notifications not coming through after iOS 13 update

Just updated my software to iOS 13.0 and now my FR635 will not alert me of text notifications. When I receive a text my FR635 does not buzz or even show that I have a notification. When I receive notifications from other apps (twitter, groupme, etc) my FR635 will not buzz but with show them on my notifications widget. The only thing my FR635 will do still is buzz for incoming calls. 

I saw other people with similar problems and tried going to settings -> notifications -> connect -> show previews -> always, but this did nothing for me. I still do not get notifications for texts at all or any vibrations for all other notifications (besides phone calls). I have phone notification alerts set to vibration for both during an activity and not during an activity through the Garmin app.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Worked for me too, but I also don't want my messages showing up on my iphone screen when it's locked...irritating.

• All other messages/notifications like, calendar, Whats-up, HBO, Netflix etc. pops up on my Fenix 5x like it always did, but not messages (sms & imessage)!

It all happen after IOS 13 but nothing from Garmin about this issue in spite of all complains form us users.

About time for Garmin to step up and bring some news about what, how and when…!

• Thank you this worked perfectly 

• This is the example of how you should not approach your customers’ complaints. I don’t care if apple changes anything. I want my notifications on the fenix watch without being forced to have them on the lockscreen of my iphone. 

Guys... it is time to switch do new apple watch. It has improved a lot.

garmin’s approach sucks

• I agree. I bought an Apple watch 6 instead of dealing with this crap. I love it and am done with Garmin after wearing for years.
  • Same here! It’s maddening trying to figure this out.  Hope they fix it soon! 

• I got an Apple watch 6 because of this and love it!!!!

• This fix does not work for the Fenix 3. When are Garmin going to rectify this?

• Hi

I contacted Garmin support and they provided me some steps which have solved the issue for me. I now receive all notifications:

Please sync with Connect before you proceed

Please open the app

Tap on More

Tap Garmin Devices

Tap on your watch listed there

Tap the 3 dots in upper right

Tap remove

Now remove the watch from Bluetooth as well

Then uninstall the Garmin Connect App from your phone

Reinstall the app and sign in 

• Now grab your watch
    • Double-tap to wake up the display
    • Swipe to the left to move the Analog Hands in the 10-2 position
    • Press and hold the touchscreen to access the menu
    • Swipe and tap on the Gear Icon
    • Swipe and Tap on the Wrench Icon
    • Swipe and Tap on Restore Defaults
    • Confirm
    • Select a Language
    • Skip Pairing with Garmin Connect
    • Enter in the remaining information manually

Go back into the app

Tap Garmin Devices

Tap Add Device

Tap Browse All

Tap Vivo and stop there

Now grab your watch, hold the touchscreen to view the menu, and select Gear icon, tap the Phone/Bluetooth icon, swipe to Pair Now & tap Pair Now and then tap vivomove HR in the app on your phone.  

At some point the watch will give you a 6-digit PIN to enter in the app on your phone.  Enter that PIN when the app and complete the pairing process. You will now need to test whether or not the watch is receiving notifications.

• That does not fix the problem for me.  I've also worked my way through the other suggestion in this thread to no avail.  The only Apple related activity the watch acknowledges is tell me when someone answers a call I've placed.  Seriously?!  That's so useless.

What'sApp still sends notifications so at least I know some things are getting through.

Fenix 3 in case the model makes a difference