This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

text message notifications not coming through after iOS 13 update

Just updated my software to iOS 13.0 and now my FR635 will not alert me of text notifications. When I receive a text my FR635 does not buzz or even show that I have a notification. When I receive notifications from other apps (twitter, groupme, etc) my FR635 will not buzz but with show them on my notifications widget. The only thing my FR635 will do still is buzz for incoming calls. 

I saw other people with similar problems and tried going to settings -> notifications -> connect -> show previews -> always, but this did nothing for me. I still do not get notifications for texts at all or any vibrations for all other notifications (besides phone calls). I have phone notification alerts set to vibration for both during an activity and not during an activity through the Garmin app.

Top Replies

All Replies

• SAME!!!  I don't like my pone to preview texts before opening them, but I liked that I could still read them from my watch.  My watch is always on me, my phone isn't and sometimes I don't want the text to show on my phone where others could read.  Definitely one of the many "upgrades" I'm not happy about with IOS 13.  Wish Garmin would find a better work around for this.

• I have a Gamin Vivoactive HR and I can’t get any message notifications but get some notifications from other apps? I have double checked all the suggested settings and still no luck. I got my Fenix 5 working but not my other ? Frustrating! 

• I have a vivoactive hr and none of these suggestions work, I am still not receiving message notifications. Is this because my watch is no longer available?

• I have the same issue with my Fenix 5s and my 5x after the latest iOS upgrade. The only notification that shows up on my watches now is one that tells me I'm on an active phone call, which is the most useless notification of all.  That notification didn't exist for me prior to this update. So we've removed the notifications we want and added one that has little, if any, value? 

GARMIN FOLK: Chime in on this issue already, please! 

• Pretty sure this is Apple's way of trying to get everyone to switch from Garmin to Apple watches...clever... they won't get me, at least not while my Vivoactive lives!

• Check Messages Settings

1. From the iPhone Settings, select Notifications

2. Under NOTIFICATION STYLE scroll down and select the Messages app.  See screenshot below for example. 

1. Toggle Allow Notifications on,

2. ALERTS options should all be checked

3. Show Previews must be set to Always (Default) or When Unlocked

this is what worked for me 

• Check Messages Settings

1. From the iPhone Settings, select Notifications

2. Under NOTIFICATION STYLE scroll down and select the Messages app.  See screenshot below for example. 

1. Toggle Allow Notifications on,

2. ALERTS options should all be checked

3. Show Previews must be set to Always (Default) or When Unlocked

•  

During our conversations with Apple following the iOS 13 update, we were informed that notification settings were changed from their design in iOS 12. This change was intentional and these settings must now be honored. We are unable to overrule this with an update to your Garmin device or to Garmin Connect Mobile. 

• It's laughable that you can hit and run when you can throw the blame at Apple, but you're nowhere to be seen on the pages and pages of threads regarding the sync & weather issues introduced by the latest version of Garmin Connect for iOS. Or the True-up problems you promised months ago was being investigated. Or any other one of myriad frequently reported issues. 

My suggestion to Garmin employees: if you're going to contribute, contribute properly. If this is purely for users then stay off it entirely. Selectively dropping in to throw rocks at other companies, but ignoring your own issues, makes you look ridiculous.