This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

text message notifications not coming through after iOS 13 update

Just updated my software to iOS 13.0 and now my FR635 will not alert me of text notifications. When I receive a text my FR635 does not buzz or even show that I have a notification. When I receive notifications from other apps (twitter, groupme, etc) my FR635 will not buzz but with show them on my notifications widget. The only thing my FR635 will do still is buzz for incoming calls. 

I saw other people with similar problems and tried going to settings -> notifications -> connect -> show previews -> always, but this did nothing for me. I still do not get notifications for texts at all or any vibrations for all other notifications (besides phone calls). I have phone notification alerts set to vibration for both during an activity and not during an activity through the Garmin app.

Top Replies

All Replies

• This. It needs to be fixed. 

• I called Garmin today. They had me do three things and one was having to show message previews where I didn't have to before. It fixed the problem of not receiving text messages but I told them it's not what I want as I don't like showing previews to peeping eyes. They made a ticket specific to my original settings and what I had to change to make it work for now so they can try to come up with a solution.  

• I agree completely. As an update I upgraded to iOS 13.1 still doesn’t work when text preview is off. Only time it works is when you show the previews which is a huge privacy issue. 

never was a problem before. 

• I was in the same boat as you. I don't want my messages showing previews on my lock screen but want to read them on my watch to know if I need to reply right away or not. Changing to Settings -> Notifications -> Messages -> Show Previews -> "When Unlocked" allows my watch to always show the text message but only show "iMessage" on my lock screen.

Unfortunately this means when my phone is unlocked it shows up as the message but I can learn to live with this until it is fixed for real

• Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Preview > "When Unlocked"

Allows watch to always show you text messages no matter if your phone is locked or unlocked. On your phone, the lock screen will show Sender Name & "iMessage" however when unlocked unfortunately you will see a preview. Hopefully this is patched soon

• None of these suggestions have fixed the issue for me. I have a Garmin 645 music

• I’ve been having the same issues and yes sorted some of them by showing my messages. But still cannot get my Fénix 5S to vibrate when receiving a notification. I have now had to switch to “tone and vibration” but still just get the tone, no vibration. 

Have always only used vibration on my watch and it worked perfectly until the update. 

Any others having this issue? 

• Due to an iOS13 privacy change, notifications are no longer sent to connected devices if the Show Preview settings is set to Never. With iOS13 this setting must be either When Unlocked or Always to receive notifications on your connected Garmin device.

• You are seriously my hero right now. Thank you! I have read so many things and tried them but this finally worked!

• I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one these WORKAROUNDS aren't working for.  I too have a 645 Music and can get no text messages, even if my preview messages is marked as "Always."  I am very frustrated by this.  I hope a solution is being worked on.