This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

text message notifications not coming through after iOS 13 update

Just updated my software to iOS 13.0 and now my FR635 will not alert me of text notifications. When I receive a text my FR635 does not buzz or even show that I have a notification. When I receive notifications from other apps (twitter, groupme, etc) my FR635 will not buzz but with show them on my notifications widget. The only thing my FR635 will do still is buzz for incoming calls. 

I saw other people with similar problems and tried going to settings -> notifications -> connect -> show previews -> always, but this did nothing for me. I still do not get notifications for texts at all or any vibrations for all other notifications (besides phone calls). I have phone notification alerts set to vibration for both during an activity and not during an activity through the Garmin app.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi Blake.  Ok.  So I for one want my money back.  My Fenix no longer does what I need it to do.  It no longer does what it was advertised to do or did do as per the manual when I bought it.  The notification system is broken.  One of the reasons I bought this watch was for the notifications.  And stop telling us to turn on previews.  I and obviously most of us don’t want to have to do that.  When I purchased my watch I didn’t need to.  Could you please advise me and everyone else here how we get our money back for our watches that we paid large amounts of money on.

• I have the same issue, hopefully this fixes it. Also very frustrating that we have to come looking for an answer from Garmin, if this problem is so wide spread shouldn't the fix be sent to as many of its customers as possible.

• I hope this works. It is a bit frustrating that we have to come looking for answers to such a wide spread problem too. Why can't or wouldn't Garmin issue this information to as many of its customers as possible. I almost reset to factory settings as nothing else was working.

• One, this is not a solution. Two, can you please explain to me how other companies, Fitbit, are able to get their smart watches to show notifications without turning on message previews but Garmin cannot. My husband has a Fitbit, updated to iOS 13, and has had no interruptions with his notifications on his Fitbit watch. If this is an Apple issue it would be across all smart watches, not just Garmin. Let’s work towards a solution instead of just saying it’s an Apple issue...we’ve paid a lot of money for functional watches and you’re not providing what we have paid for. 

• Brett, I completely agree. One, this is not a solution. Two, could Garmin please explain to me how other companies, Fitbit, are able to get their smart watches to show notifications without turning on message previews but Garmin cannot. My husband has a Fitbit, updated to iOS 13, and has had no interruptions with his notifications on his Fitbit watch. If this is an Apple issue it would be across all smart watches, not just Garmin. Let’s work towards a solution instead of just saying it’s an Apple issue...we’ve paid a lot of money for functional watches and you’re not providing what we have paid for. 

• wow, great reply, what do you say to that Garmin?

• I’m having the same issue with my Vivo move HR. No notifications on any messages coming through. I bought this watch for this feature because I’m in meeting a lot so need my phone on silent but can see if any important calls or messages are coming through. Very annoyed this isn’t working since the update. I’ve tried all the supposed fixes with no luck. I hope they find a fix soon.

• Hi I’ve been having the same issue with not receiving notification 

I went to Bluetooth click on Garmin and had to put share system motivation on

• Amazing- thank youBlush Have searched for a solution for a few weeks but this finally sorted itThumbsup tone1

• Thank you! I wasn’t getting any notifications on my Fenix 5s after my phone auto updated this weekend. This fixed my problem immediately!