This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

text message notifications not coming through after iOS 13 update

Just updated my software to iOS 13.0 and now my FR635 will not alert me of text notifications. When I receive a text my FR635 does not buzz or even show that I have a notification. When I receive notifications from other apps (twitter, groupme, etc) my FR635 will not buzz but with show them on my notifications widget. The only thing my FR635 will do still is buzz for incoming calls. 

I saw other people with similar problems and tried going to settings -> notifications -> connect -> show previews -> always, but this did nothing for me. I still do not get notifications for texts at all or any vibrations for all other notifications (besides phone calls). I have phone notification alerts set to vibration for both during an activity and not during an activity through the Garmin app.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Thank you! This worked!!!

• How? Do I do this

• I was still  having the same problem with no notifications going to my vivoactive3 even after adjusting all the notifications settings as above on my IPhone.  I decided to check the setttings on my watch for the notifications widget by pressing and holding my finger on the notifications widget screen.  When I opened the notification settings menu, I found that my smart notifications>during activity was "set off" which is ok and my smart notifications>not during activity was set to "show calls only".  I changed smart notifications>not during activity to "show all"!!!!  Now i receive notifications as I did prior to IOS 13 update.  Please check your smart notifications>not during activity setting on your watch!!!!  This was my issue.

Great site.

• Mine is not working even after all the fixes they suggested. 

• I’m having the same issue and now my watch won’t sync with the app. When I reset both the watch an app today I lost all of the data for today 

• Same thing here. I’m also having problems with the app syncing too

• I too see this as a work around. I don’t like seeing the previews on my phone. I never had this before show up on my phone and would prefer for them not to show up on my phone. 

• Same problem with Instinct (ver 5.50) + iOS 13.12

Oddly enough used to function just fine with iOS 13 (no setting changed required)

• We understand that many users would like to have this setting function as it did in iOS 12, but this was a design change made in iOS 13. There is nothing that can be altered with an update to your Garmin as this change will affect any device paired to an iOS 13 device regardless of manufacturer. 

• I'm the same way.  I've always had this function turned off (I don't want to see the whole text message show up on my phone screen).  I hope this is something they are still working on fixing.  I liked just being able to see the message  on my FR645 and keeping it private on my phone.